Road trip

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Come to Nationwide. The place is outstanding. Tons of bars/food in the arena district too.

Or come to DC. The Verizon Center is parked right in the middle of a major center of DC nightlife. Bars, food, clubs, museums for some calm before the game. Also, the pitiful remains of what used to be DC's Chinatown. Bonus: Right on top of a Metro station, so no need to moderate your drinking!

verizon-center_opt.jpg

The downside: You will have to watch a miserable Caps team embarrass themselves on the ice. Which is fine if they're playing the Canes, however.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Capitals have the cheapest tickets of any major city right now. Been to many weekday games that were about $10 each.

Hurricanes won all three in DC last year too ;).

Last edited:

GooGooMuck

May 15, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I live near Philly and I hate that city. The fans are horrible- I'm quiet at games but I wear a Canes jersey and every time I've gone I had an incident. Beer has been thrown, random FUs yelled at me in the concourse, and various death threats have been hurled at me. Their reputation is well deserved. I've also seen firsthand multiple assaults at Eagles games. Even getting to the city sucks- the Schyulkill is a nightmare. If a band is touring I'm always hoping they play Baltimore as well so I don't have to go to Philly.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I live near Philly and I hate that city. The fans are horrible- I'm quiet at games but I wear a Canes jersey and every time I've gone I had an incident. Beer has been thrown, random FUs yelled at me in the concourse, and various death threats have been hurled at me. Their reputation is well deserved. I've also seen firsthand multiple assaults at Eagles games. Even getting to the city sucks- the Schyulkill is a nightmare. If a band is touring I'm always hoping they play Baltimore as well so I don't have to go to Philly.

one whiz with pls

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles

Come to DC next time! DC>>>>>>Philly imho. There's actually things to do around the Verizon Center too, unlike the Wells Fargo Center.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Anyone have any experience going to a Bruins game? Good or bad experience? I know my experiences with their fans in Raleigh have been horrible.

I've been studying for this stupid certification exam for two months and will finally be taking it Tuesday, so to celebrate it being over/blow off steam I'm thinking about taking the train up to Boston next Saturday to go to the game. It's the only away game I haven't been to in the region, unless you count Ottawa or Toronto.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
Anyone have any experience going to a Bruins game? Good or bad experience? I know my experiences with their fans in Raleigh have been horrible.

I've been studying for this stupid certification exam for two months and will finally be taking it Tuesday, so to celebrate it being over/blow off steam I'm thinking about taking the train up to Boston next Saturday to go to the game. It's the only away game I haven't been to in the region, unless you count Ottawa or Toronto.

I was there a couple years ago at the afternoon game day after Thanksgiving when Ward shut them out 3-0. My buddy and I had fun and the worst we dealt with was some morons yelling at us, but that was mostly outside the arena. Had no issues at all at the game.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

Boston fans will either be really cool or annoy the living **** out of you. Not much in between, in my experience.

True facts: If you know Boston, you know about Mike's Pastry. In the back room, there is a wall with about 20 signed and framed pictures of NHLers (it's family owned, and they're a big hockey family). Most of them are Bruins, but there are a couple of random guys from other teams. One of those is Tim Gleason. Maybe if you wear a Gleason jersey, you'll get a free cannoli. :nod:

Damn it, now I want a free cannoli.

Last edited:

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC

I went to the Bruins game last year when they played the Canes on St. Patty's Day. It was a mixed experience. Before and during the game it was fine. After the game things went to hell. I was jeered, taunted and threatened at non-stop after the Bruins creamed the Canes 5-1 or something.

Not sure if it is because Boston fans are poor winners or the alcohol. Probably a bit of both.

I had tickets to the game next weekend, but ended up selling them on stubhub because the people I was planning on going with ending up not being able to go. I didn't want to experience that again bymyself. Can't complain though, ended up making like 50 bucks.

Thehair17

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta
Little late to the party here, but I went to the game in Calgary. It wasn't the best seeing our team lose so badly, but I didn't mind because it was my first NHL game, and me and a friend got pictures with #estaalo, so that was pretty awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad