OT: Road to the Winter Classic

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Road to the NHL Winter Classic Episode 1 airs tonight, I figured we should have an OT thread to discuss the series in without clogging up the Winter Classic thread. Post any thoughts, comments or critiques of the show here. I'm pretty excited it is one of my favorite parts of participating in the Winter Classic.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
One of the dumbest things the NHL ever did was take this off of HBO. And now it's on NBC Sports? Lol. I will only watch this because the Rangers are in it.

Is the orange juice unlimited?

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I would watch every year if it wasn't on freakin EPIX for a couple seasons. HBO was great, I am definitely looking forward to see what Nash at home is like. Probably a couch potato lmao. Definitely need a scene of Buch taking the B train to Brighton, that is a must.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I doubt it will be the case, but I hope these are 1-hour episodes and not just 30 minutes. That would basically make it 2 episodes

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh man I forgot about so much of that. I need that season on demand. Gaborik hauling the Xmas tree through Tribeca was great.

That was great. Had no idea what he was doing lol. Still love the Grandma Callahan episode. Very powerful stuff.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That 2012 RTWC show was the best of the entire series. And I don't just say that as a Rangers fan. I've heard Pens and Blackhawks fans say the same thing.

Reactions: Crease

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
completely agreed - how can you tell a story in that short of a time. just the NHL production crew being cheap.

So we basically get a little over 1 full episode. How the f*** does the NHL go from 4 hours of content to just 88 minutes? And to think this is the 10-year anniversary of the Winter Classic!!! You'd expect the opposite.

I just watched the first episode and it feels like a trailer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad