OT: Road to the Winter Classic

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
NHL hasn't a clue about marketing itself and trying to grow the game to a casual audience. All the people in charge are just completely out of touch.

Reactions: Crease

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have to agree, felt it was too short. With that the content seemed rushed, well obviously. Trying to cram a lot in less than 30 mins.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm sure there are tons of fan bases that would like to see a couple of these segments per week on their team for 4 weeks. Why complain?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm sure there are tons of fan bases that would like to see a couple of these segments per week on their team for 4 weeks. Why complain?

If you have been offered a really fancy meal for Christmas, 9 years in a row, and this year you get served chicken nuggets, are you going to be happy because there are people who have nothing to eat?

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I think I'd be ok with it

family-chick-nuggests-gif.gif

JD361992

Section 227
Sep 9, 2015
NJ
The Sabres are such a boring team. Doesn't help that the NHL has no idea how to market its players

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I watched that solely because of the rangers... Do they not mic up players anymore? Where is the jokes? Where is the smack talk? I know its NBCSN but beep out the cursing. It was so bland and seemed like i watched a press conference with the guys. Where is the fooling around in practice or lockerroom? Make it watchable not just a long trailer for the Winter Classic... Make it stand alone as an insight into the life of a hockey player not random interviews and some weird camera angles of games. I didn't get the feel of those games at all from the summary the narrator gave. Was it a chippy game? Who dominated the puck? Was there hitting?

Addition: While watching this first episode, I paused to write out the first post regarding Nash and his son. I realized that i was 3/4 of the way through the episode. I didn't get content. It was like i watched a summary of a better show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siddi

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
NHL hasn't a clue about marketing itself and trying to grow the game to a casual audience. All the people in charge are just completely out of touch.
So, contact the NHL. Explain what they are doing wrong and tell them you can fix it.

But, yes, the show sucked.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nope. In fact, its nothing like before. Stripped of everything that made it great.

It's not even the short run-time that bugs me the most. Yes, it bugs me, but the content itself is my biggest issue. It's the lack of authenticity, if that makes any sense. It feels censored. With the HBO show you got the raw footage, with coaches going all out, players not holding back. Now, it just feels like post-game interviews which are just a bore.

I would much rather re-watch the 2012 series than wait for these episodes.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
It's not even the short run-time that bugs me the most. Yes, it bugs me, but the content itself is my biggest issue. It's the lack of authenticity, if that makes any sense. It feels censored. With the HBO show you got the raw footage, with coaches going all out, players not holding back. Now, it just feels like post-game interviews which are just a bore.

I would much rather re-watch the 2012 series than wait for these episodes.

Oh I agree 100 %

This waterdowned disneyfied version is garbage.

member 116805

If you have been offered a really fancy meal for Christmas, 9 years in a row, and this year you get served chicken nuggets, are you going to be happy because there are people who have nothing to eat?

Chicken nuggets are not fancy?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Finally got around to watching it. Like others have said, way too short and because of it there's no storytelling. Would you know the Sabres are one of the worst teams in the league by watching this? There's no telling how either team is doing, good or bad, and just pretty much generic stories about individual players. It's not bad on it's own but compared to the history of the series; it's terrible.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

boyblair

Jan 20, 2013
Glasgow Scotland
Just finished watching it and disappointed doesn’t cover it. It’s lost everything that made it great. Sanitised, devoid of character, polished vanilla production and you learn nothing.

Garbage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->