Sportsnet: RNH generating trade interest

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
With regard to Boston, I hear that there is no animosity between Chiarelli and Sweeney; rather, the bad blood is between Chiarelli and Neely. So, a deal could potentially be made between the two clubs. Could the following hypothetically be the basis for a deal?

RNH and 2018 2nd-round pick to Boston for:

Ryan Spooner (C)
Riley Nash (C; great on the PK)
Adam McQuaid (RHD; grit; great on the PK)
Frank Vatrano (LW; prolific AHL scorer and could put up 20+ next to McDavid or Drai)
Peter Cehlarik (LW/RW; good prospect)
Not gonna comment on the deal in general, but I will mention that Riley Nash was our draft pick and we had to trade him because he refused to sign here. I doubt we would give him another chance.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Please, I want absolutely no part of Bjugstad. He's Bjawful.

giphy.gif

Good one.

Moving on, I think too many people are forgetting that Edmonton is likely moving him because they have to shed salary.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Be unique, be an example for others! ;) Don't just copy others for recipe for success. Besides I'm sure we can find examples of such shakeups, but I'm cba to go through them now, I have nothing to prove here. It was just a suggestion. You don't like it, fine. :)
If there is one thing NHL front offices have proven, it is that "unique" isn't a huge priority. They want their team to get better. That doesn't mean gambling on moving really good players.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Not necessarily. Vegas is raking money in, the cap should go up substantially this year.

Let me rephrase. IF he's dealt, it's likely going to involve shedding some cap. If they don't need the cap space, it makes more sense to keep him. Gives them stronger center depth, and allows them to move Draisaitl to the wing with McDavid.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Barrie+ Andrighetto+ Comeau+ 2nd 2018 colorado + Bowers
RNH +1 pick 2018 or Nurse

Interesting trade as the AVs don't really need RNH with their deeping prospect pipeline.

Nurse/Poolparty + 1st-2018 pick

This would be intriguing options. Oilers are only good at draft lotteries and short on DMen. I can't see the team making this trade.

Not really close. Plus we can't add that many contracts, and there is next to no chance that we trade Nurse at this point. He is emerging into what we hoped he would be on draft day. He's probably the most valuable piece in this deal and certainly holds more value than our first - which also likely won't be traded as we are sitting with good odds in the lottery and if we won it again then Dahlin is a far better piece than what Colorado is offering.

I agree, Oilers keep Nurse and 1st, if any trade is to be made move RNH for more DMen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad