Confirmed with Link: RNH Activated from IR

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Do you happen to know what the team records are for Cbus and Nashville since the trade?

Nope, I know Nashville was doing well. How much you can attribute to the trade is kind of hard to judge. Both teams gained a big piece but also lost a big piece. Most times a team gets motivated right after a big trade or signing but then that dies off after 10 games

I think this trade will need to be judged over 2 years to get proper impact

But on subject, I hope RNH comes out strong the last 12 games. Could be his last on Oilers

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
what are the odds they keep Yak with Letestu or whatever other 4th line plug they can give him lol

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
I hope they start Nuge on the third line for 2 games before moving him up, let him get his legs back.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm not sure how to interpret this? Do you mean Yakupov is only effective when he's with McDavid? Or, that Yakupov is the only player that has chemistry with McDavid?

Not the only player that has chemistry with McDavid by any means, but it seems to come most naturally between the two of them vs. McDavid-Eberle or McDavid-Hall.

I.e., Yakupov seems to bring out the best version of McDavid.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
what are the odds they keep Yak with Letestu or whatever other 4th line plug they can give him lol

Man with RNH back? I hope not.

I'd do:

Maroon-Draisaitl-Eberle
Hall-RNH-Hendricks
Yakupov-McDavid-Kassian
Korpikoski-Cracknell-Pakarinen

1: liked these guys, Eberle played big with Maroon and Drai. No need to break them up.
2: Hendricks IMO is the best at playing with skill out of our grinders. Hall and RNH are solid.
3: I liked Kassian with McD but not so much Hall. Yak plays best with Connor as well.
4: The leftovers, crash bang and PK. Lander and Letestu are bruuuutal

If you're Arizona, you match Hanzal with one line and OEL with another (is he injured?? Bonus) The other line(s) will go HAM.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I think it's funny how Johansen was in bust territory then the Jackets moved to the East and he broke out, then he gets traded back to the West and has looked largely underwhelming.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Man with RNH back? I hope not.

I'd do:

Maroon-Draisaitl-Eberle
Hall-RNH-Hendricks
Yakupov-McDavid-Kassian
Korpikoski-Cracknell-Pakarinen

1: liked these guys, Eberle played big with Maroon and Drai. No need to break them up.
2: Hendricks IMO is the best at playing with skill out of our grinders. Hall and RNH are solid.
3: I liked Kassian with McD but not so much Hall. Yak plays best with Connor as well.
4: The leftovers, crash bang and PK. Lander and Letestu are bruuuutal

If you're Arizona, you match Hanzal with one line and OEL with another (is he injured?? Bonus) The other line(s) will go HAM.

I like the lines, but I'd rather try Cracknell up with Hall and RNH because I think he's more skilled with the puck than Hendricks. Also don't agree that Letestu sucks, he's great on the 4th line and Cracknell did not look good at centre at all.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
With RNH back lines should be:

Hall-RNH-Kassian
Yakupov-Mcdavid-Eberle
Korpikoski-Draisaitl-Maroon
Hendricks-Letestu-Cracknell

Once Pouliot comes back Korpikoski gets pushed down the lineup.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Once Nuge gets back in game shape, I would do:

Hall-RNH-Yak
Eberle-McDavid-Drai
Maroon-Crack-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpi

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Maroon-Drastaitl-Eberle
Hall-McDavid-Kassian
Nuge-Letestu-Yak
Korp-Lander-Cracknell

for a couple games then

Maroon-Drastaitl-Eberle
Hall-McDavid-Kassian
Korp-Nuge-Yak
Hendricks-Letestu-Cracknell

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Chiarelli wanted to see the 3 centers as much as possible, so I can't imagine we'll see Draisaitl moved to the wing. Besides, it allows them to put Yakupov back with McDavid and roll 3 pairs (Hall/Drai, Nuge/Eberle, McDavid/Yak).

The wingers could probably be moved around in any number of ways, but this is probably how I'd do it at first:

Maroon - Nuge - Eberle
Korpikoski - McDavid - Yakupov
Hall - Draisaitl - Kassian
Hendricks - Letestu - Lander

I like these lines the most. I wonder what they'll do on the PP.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
To bad we didnt have Pou.

Hall - Nuge - Kassian
Maroon - Draisiatl - Eberle
Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Hendricks - Cracknell - Korpikowski

Are you kidding me????

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Assuming we play all 3C's on separate lines to break RNH in:

Maroon-Draisaitl-Eberle
Kassian-McDavid-Yakupov
Hall-RNH-Cracknell

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I want another look at Slepyshev.. Considering he made our team out of camp I'm a little surprised he hasn't been called up the whole year. Surely they need another look at him before next season... Plus with Pouliot out there isn't a better time to give him a shot. Would it have to be an emergency recall?

Hall - Draisaitl - Eberle
Maroon - McDavid - Yakupov
Slepyshev - RNH - Kassian

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I want another look at Slepyshev.. Considering he made our team out of camp I'm a little surprised he hasn't been called up the whole year. Surely they need another look at him before next season... Plus with Pouliot out there isn't a better time to give him a shot. Would it have to be an emergency recall?

Hall - Draisaitl - Eberle
Maroon - McDavid - Yakupov
Slepyshev - RNH - Kassian

He hasn't done enough in the AHL to warrant another recall.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He hasn't done enough in the AHL to warrant another recall.

Well I haven't watched Bakersfield but I find it hard to judge that team going off stats considering they are more focused on playing guys like Klinkhammer on their top line. Based on how he played in training camp last season there is no reason he should've regressed. If that's the case then I really question our development down there. Nelson was a great coach but it was the same thing with him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Over the years I've thought RNH was small, weak, and not a good fit in the west.

What I failed to appreciate was how good he is defensively for us. He's intelligent, kills penalties, and responsible in his own zone. You really forget how much he can do for us. I also think he's a late bloomer and won't fully mature until he's around 25/26. Factor in the relative value of centre, he's someone I want to stay.

IMO, Eberle and Hall are more expendable for top 4 D at the draft than RNH is.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Over the years I've thought RNH was small, weak, and not a good fit in the west.

What I failed to appreciate was how good he is defensively for us. He's intelligent, kills penalties, and responsible in his own zone. You really forget how much he can do for us. I also think he's a late bloomer and won't fully mature until he's around 25/26. Factor in the relative value of centre, he's someone I want to stay.

IMO, Eberle and Hall are more expendable for top 4 D at the draft than RNH is.

Agreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad