Tribute RJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Good to read some of these tweets. We've had Rick Jeanneret so long, you can hear the sound of his voice in your head sometimes. I'm gready, I want RJ for longer. He's a treasure. Not ready to give him up. I know he's a real guy with real family who love him but he's such a large presence in the Sabres world.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I’ve always been a huge admirer of RJ as a long time part of this organization.

I wish him a full recovery. And hope that, if this is a sign that it’s time for him to hang ‘em up, that he does so. After all his health scares the last few years, he deserves a good restful retirement. He’s earned it.

I’ll miss him, but his health is more important than hockey.

Reactions: Dreakon13

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I’ve always been a huge admirer of RJ as a long time part of this organization.

I wish him a full recovery. And hope that, if this is a sign that it’s time for him to hang ‘em up, that he does so. After all his health scares the last few years, he deserves a good restful retirement. He’s earned it.

I’ll miss him, but his health is more important than hockey.
Agreed. He needs to be in the booth calling the Sabres Cup win, and he needs to take care of himself so he’s there to see it.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
If im the Sabres, I don’t let this guy back into the booth.

Do we really want a repeat of last night with a much worse ending?

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
If im the Sabres, I don’t let this guy back into the booth.

Do we really want a repeat of last night with a much worse ending?

I respectfully disagree. He's done this his entire life. It's where he wants to be. Life is fickle. You could go at home in your sleep, or, you could go in the pressbox, where you have spent nearly 5 decades. Let him continue to enjoy the love of his life.

Member 308457

I was watching the broadcast early and they had Rick in the Santa suit making some kind of speech and one of his hands was shaking weirdly, almost violently. I thought "that was weird." Then he started throwing presents to the fans. I fell asleep before Rob Ray took over...Rick is a true Buffalo guy and I hope he (and I) is able to live to see the day and call the moment that the Sabres lift the Stanley Cup.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I was watching the broadcast early and they had Rick in the Santa suit making some kind of speech and one of his hands was shaking weirdly, almost violently. I thought "that was weird." Then he started throwing presents to the fans. I fell asleep before Rob Ray took over...Rick is a true Buffalo guy and I hope he (and I) is able to live to see the day and call the moment that the Sabres lift the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Smile Ivan

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Glad to hear RJ is going to be alright. At his age precautions are much more important than for younger people.

Also we have to commend Duff and Rob for stepping in to call the rest of the game. It must Be tough to know your friend and co worker is leaving like that and to stay focused. Duff actually did a pretty good job!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have a RJ memory from over 40 years ago.

The Sabres had a game in Cleveland and RJ missed the flight as the bridges from Canada were closed because of a storm.

I was at the WGR studios as my GF at the time was a DJ at WGRQ-FM and we were stuck there. RJ finally made it in from St. Catherines and was going to do play by play watching a TV set tuned to Channel 7. He had one request - he needed a case of beer :laugh:

Listeners had no idea he wasn't at the game.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
That's... not how that works and probably not why. Sigh.

Glad Rick is "ok".

Yes, that’s obviously ridiculous.

If an athlete gets carted off the field or ice, game broadcasts waste no time in speculating about the nature of the injury and reporting any and all updates about health status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad