Tribute RJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Hopefully it's just another case of the Santa suit sweats. He's a tough old guy.

Konix

Lurkin'
Jul 7, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Until we get any news to the contrary, I'm just going to assume Rick just overexerted himself a bit tonight and needed a breather. I'm sure the ambulance was just a precaution. He was upright on the gurney coming out, it can't be too serious.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I imagine a tweet from his favorite drinking establishment went out alerting everyone the cooling system was broken and all drinks were on the house. RJ reads it and has a real heart attack. He continues to call the game but then quickly realizes if he gets out of calling the game early he has a one hour head start. He then fakes another heart attack. They send him to the Hospital where he easily sneaks out. Is currently sitting on his favorite bar stool.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Shannon Shepherd:

Sounds... promising.

Was there any sort of signal during the game? I feel like there may have been oddness during the game if something really bad happened.

Hoping for the best. Was at a friends holiday party tonight, enjoying the company and party while watching the game. Got jarred out of the experience when I saw something amiss with RJ.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Was there any sort of signal during the game? I feel like there may have been oddness during the game if something really bad happened.

It was early third period. He wasn't talking as much as usual, just giving basic info (but sometimes that happens). Then Rob Ray started doing commentary to fill the dead space, but seemed be giving Rick a chance to jump back in every so often. Then Rob Ray said, "OK" (apparently in response to direction received by a director) and started doing more continuous commentary, trying to do play by play. Then a commercial break and Brian Duff was doing PBP.

Reactions: vcv

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am not going to speculate because any time it is heart related it is serious. I just wish him a speedy recovery. Get healthy for the twilight of an incredible life, do not worry about the press box.. scary stuff. Get well Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->