GDT: Rivalry Game - Blackhawks @ Blues 7:00 PM (CT) WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
My bad. I just looked at their Wikipedia page and it said “Capitalizing on a playoff format that required an expansion team to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals” they made it their first 3 years. What kind of dumb format requires an expansion team to make the finals?
It wasn't so much that the NHL required an expansion team to make the finals but the fact that in 67/68 the league doubled with the addition of six teams ( Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota North Stars, California Seals, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and St. Louis Blues ). The west division had all the expansion teams and the east had the original six. The winner of the east played the winner of the west for the cup after the 4 teams in each division who made the playoffs played two rounds to produce the finalist. They switched it up again in 70/71 with Buffalo and Vancouver coming in ... Chicago then went to the west division along with the six original expansion teams and Van and Buffalo joined into the east with the other 5 original six.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It appears that Saad-Anisimov-Kane line is significantly better than the Saad-Schmaltz-Kane line. Are you seeing the same thing?

I think a big problem was Saad didn’t want to play the simple Anisimov role on that line, Saad wants a bigger piece of the action where he can use his skill.

Now with Anisimov, he can be a skill guy who just happens to also be able to crash the net. The net crashing, board play, and net-front presence isn’t all on him.

Skill? Ah never mind.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Ya, I was guessing that’s what it was. I don’t actually know what is going through Saad’s head, and I shouldn’t assume that’s his thought process.

You're probably right. Saad has never thought of himself as a blue collar PF.... and it's too bad. He doesn't have the skill to be anything else in this league.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Crow gave up 6, back to back game as well...I am very scared too, but Ward has surprised when needed

There hasn't been a single goaltender loss this season. Yes, Crawford was caught cheating on that one goal but that anticipation is what made him so good in his return. When the team in front of you is this bad these things happen. Goalies get desperate and anticipate and sometimes it backfires.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toes and his line were MIA...

Last 7 GP Toews 1g 2a...Last 7GP Anisimov 2g 5a ...just saying. ..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Lol. A bad game and the world is ending.... Tampa got beat by arizona 7-1 last night. They must be the worst team in the NHL. :sarcasm: These games happen sometimes in an 82 game season. The hot takes in here are hilarious sometimes.

Reactions: LarmerHOF

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lol. A bad game and the world is ending.... Tampa got beat by arizona 7-1 last night. They must be the worst team in the NHL. :sarcasm: These games happen sometimes in an 82 game season. The hot takes in here are hilarious sometimes.

Hawks record defies how they are playing as a team. It's not the loss. It's how.

The ST's in particular are beyond brutal.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews got creamed on draws...only 36% ...5/14...

This on a night Schatz won 6/7 draws..

As usual AA (38%) and Kruger (43%) were not successful in the dot. .

Overall Hawks win only 43% of the draws.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
D'Cat was -4...Kahn was -3 ...somehow Toews was only -2 (hard to understand that ...he was MIA all night)...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With the 7 goals against in this game,Hawks are back underwater in goal fifferential for the season to date. ..40 GF-41GA....hardly a real contender if that continues...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hawks record defies how they are playing as a team. It's not the loss. It's how.

The ST's in particular are beyond brutal.

We all know the sts are bad. The hawks had a bad game in general. It happens. Again... Tampa lost to Arizona 7-1 last night. Are they suddenly a terrible team? I'm talking to those who come in here after a bad game and post stuff like "This team is terrible." And other hot takes after 1 loss. The Hawks haven't played "terrible" or been terrible in more than 1 or 2 games. The rest they're playing pretty well and competing. This team is young and no one expects them to win the Cup, but they're fun to watch most the time. Which is more than I can say about last season.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We all know the sts are bad. The hawks had a bad game in general. It happens. Again... Tampa lost to Arizona 7-1 last night. Are they suddenly a terrible team? I'm talking to those who come in here after a bad game and post stuff like "This team is terrible." And other hot takes after 1 loss. The Hawks haven't played "terrible" or been terrible in more than 1 or 2 games. The rest they're playing pretty well and competing. This team is young and no one expects them to win the Cup, but they're fun to watch most the time. Which is more than I can say about last season.

Based on the final scores, you're absolutely right. And pay no attention to the numerous breakdowns and the other stats that aren't very flattering. They don't ask how, right? :sarcasm: Keep that head in the sand.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
With the 7 goals against in this game,Hawks are back underwater in goal fifferential for the season to date. ..40 GF-41GA....hardly a real contender if that continues...
Who thought they WERE a contender?! It's nice they got off to a good start and that they aren't bottom of the league bad, but even the biggest sunshiners would've been hard-pressed to talk themselves into predicting anything beyond a token appearance in the playoffs.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Based on the final scores, you're absolutely right. And pay no attention to the numerous breakdowns and the other stats that aren't very flattering. They don't ask how, right? :sarcasm: Keep that head in the sand.

Lol. Whatever you say Bobby. :thumbu:

Did you even read my post? Sure doesn't seem like it.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lol. Whatever you say Bobby. :thumbu:

Did you even read my post? Sure doesn't seem like it.

Yeah, I read it. Hawks have not looked good at all. Sure they beat a couple of bad teams but even in those wins they often left whoever was in goal to fend for himself. The number of 10-bell scoring chances against is off the chart. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad