GDT: Rittich-ulousness: Calgary @ Colorado (8PM - Oh look we're finally on HNIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Can our d-corps stop serving up fresh turnovers? Will we see some secondary scoring tonight? Will Rittich see under 35 shots tonight?

Who knows?

Edit: Looks like everything stays the same but Rittich gets his first NHL start tonight.

Lol jk Versteeg (injury), Kulak (scratch) out. Stajan, Bart in

Flames fun fact of the day: Gaudreau is really good

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
ZkhAvd6.jpg

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Is it confirmed Rittich is playing?

5-2 win if it's Smith, 6-4 loss if Rittich.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Is Rittich the confirmed starter?
Pure speculation on my part. Wouldn't blame GG if he went back to Smith but I hope he doesn't - because Smith deserves a rest after the way he's been let down these past two games

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames.nhl.com has a "preview" for the game, no other content than stats for each team and they list Smith and Lack as the Flames goalies :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pure speculation on my part. Wouldn't blame GG if he went back to Smith but I hope he doesn't - because Smith deserves a rest after the way he's been let down these past two games

I don't think the lineups are out there yet, but I also have a gut feeling that Rittich gets the start.
I think he gets the start too, I was just wondering if it was confirmed.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Seems we have Bernier in net on the other side. Other than that one awesome one vs Anaheim where we were getting 2-on-0 rushes and tic tac toe plays for three periods, Bernier has usually been a (Gaudreau-era) Flames killer. I recall him stealing a game from us @ the Leafs during our big losing streak a few years ago, and he stole back Game 3 in the Anaheim series series despite us having a big lead built up on Gibson.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
The Avs have also only lost 1 game at the Pepsi Center all season

This ain't last year's Avs, that's for sure... I've become a big fan of Girard quickly, he could end up as the biggest piece of the "Duchene/Turris trade".

Never seen Rittich play (and likely will miss tonight's game), but I wish him all the best.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Anyone watch the pre-game videos? When Rittich says he is so happy and excited I swear he is frowning or at least stoned faced. The nerves must be winning right now. Hopefully, he gets settled early and finds himself comfortable quickly in net.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Anyone watch the pre-game videos? When Rittich says he is so happy and excited I swear he is frowning or at least stoned faced. The nerves must be winning right now. Hopefully, he gets settled early and finds himself comfortable quickly in net.

Based on how ice cold his veins were in the playoffs last year after Gillies crapped his pants, not worried at all.

Rittich is a stud and haters are gonna be in shambles after tonight.

That or bad luck.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Based on how ice cold his veins were in the playoffs last year after Gillies crapped his pants, not worried at all.

Rittich is a stud and haters are gonna be in shambles after tonight.

That or bad luck.
No one hates Rittich. If they hate anything it's the way people put him on a pedestal when they have never seen him play more than 1 period of hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad