Confirmed with Link: Rittich signs, 2 years x 2.75M per

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For sure gets more somewhere else. Now get Mangi done. 3 x $1.2
Very unlikely Mangiapance gets more than a 2 year deal. I suspect it might be 2 x 1m, 800k this season, 1.2m next, this will allow him to get a 1.2m QO in 2021.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Very unlikely Mangiapance gets more than a 2 year deal. I suspect it might be 2 x 1m, 800k this season, 1.2m next, this will allow him to get a 1.2m QO in 2021.

Makes sense. Not a contract whiz. Thanks. Helps with Chucky too.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Beauty deal.
Said it before, I’ll say it again, Treliving has a plan and he’s going through the motions.

The cap was never going to be a problem for this team; and adding Lucic was never going to be a problem for this team. We have an excellent GM who knows what he’s doing.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Beauty deal.
Said it before, I’ll say it again, Treliving has a plan and he’s going through the motions.

The cap was never going to be a problem for this team; and adding Lucic was never going to be a problem for this team. We have an excellent GM who knows what he’s doing.

Yeah, even if Brad makes a few mistakes every once and a whiile. He's really been our Ken Holland without the Cups so far. I would like to keep him for as long as he wants to stay. He's a sly manager with high aptitude for the game. He's our real MVP imo.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm not either, we'll get under, but I am certain we will have to move someone in addition to buying out Stone (assuming we do)

I think Tre’s got something in the hopper. He will improve this team before the start of the season and in addition be cap compliant.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Tre’s got something in the hopper. He will improve this team before the start of the season and in addition be cap compliant.
It's very possible, I suspect we know by mid-August

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This contract is great. I still believe once Talbot gets his confidence back that he’ll get the majority of starts, but I think Rittich is an excellent 1B that should be playing in a 60/40 role.

Reactions: Janks

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
tenor.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Right now the Flames cap space is $4.673M with 23 players signed and counted against the cap space. Tkachuk and Mangiapane still have yet to sign.
Gillies $.75M, and Dube's $.778M are two player who's contracts are included in the cap hit. Those two players are likely (Gillies definitely) to start the season in Stockton. That frees up $1.528M cap space to bring the total to $6.201 cap space. I'll be shocked if Stone is still on the team by next Friday. Thats another $2.333 of cap space freed up to bring the total cap space to $8.534M

Definitely doable if Tkachuk doesn't get greedy with regards to a long term contract.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
If they plan buying out Stone they will put him on waivers on Sunday or Monday b4 the buyout window.
Best case could be that somebody picks him up on waivers? OTTWA, or ?
Doesn't look too probable beyond Ottawa...$$$ comes off the books, nothing else owed or lost. A buy-out is still future $$$'s owed out for nothing, but current cap space and only partial to the fullmcap hit that year to boot. If no options for trading for something? can arise soon...May have to buy Stone out.
Anyone hearing anymore possibilities for a Frolik deal?? He should garner a decent draft pick # or prospect at least?

Last edited:

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
BT is a bully to his own players but when it comes to UFA, he is Santa

Expect Tkachuk to sign at 6.5 or sit now
Would be nice...Not likely,s unless 1 year with a 5+ million side-deal bonus somehow like that. He will be sitting out up to 11th hour of "cut-off" to playing this year time...If the strongest offer is $6.5 mil. Irregardless of Tkachuk's final cap for this coming season minimum, is anywhere near this amount, somebody else with a $$ contract has to go, and for an ELC/ near league-minimum salary or draft pick(s), in order to fit Tkachuk 's #$$$$ in. More has to happen before he signs.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Don't forget Flames nation, our RHS/ R.S. D for future is pretty sleek, slim,and not too rosy outlook, as is there. Moving out say Brodie or Hamonic our top R.S. Dmen, really weakens the cupboards should any injuries occur.
R-Andersson is really solid, this year ahead big expectations for growth and has proven reliable and capable in almost all situations, on a division- leading team!!
Beyond him??? coming up...
Even buying out Stone or waivers loss or trade?, our R.S. depth is minimal and 1 injury away from desperate. May be wiser to move out a forward salary for minimal, IMO. We Don't have Prout orvFantenberg to rely on anymore, either.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Now that Rittich has signed a contract without going through the arbitration process, is the 2nd buyout window still open and if it is does anyone know when it closes for the Flames?

Great contract Tre! Another home run.
My understanding is 48 hours after the signing, or the set arb date,which ever comes, the team gets a further 3-day (72-hour) buyout window. This might only apply to actual arbitrators contract rulings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad