Confirmed with Link: Rittich signs, 2 years x 2.75M per

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Good signing. Flames now have 4.6M in cap space left. If they buy out Stone add another 2.3. That would give them 6.9 with two players to sign. Cap friendly is showing Quine (735k) and Gillies (750k) on the roster so 1.4M t could be saved by assigning them to the AHL (waiver eligible). So...if Chucky signs for 6.9 and Mangy for 1M-ish, the Flames would have a slight buffer going into next season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good signing. Flames now have 4.6M in cap space left. If they buy out Stone add another 2.3. That would give them 6.9 with two players to sign. Cap friendly is showing Quine (735k) and Gillies (750k) on the roster so 1.4M t could be saved by assigning them to the AHL (waiver eligible). So...if Chucky signs for 6.9 and Mangy for 1M-ish, the Flames would have a slight buffer going into next season.
I don't know why so many think Quine won't be on the team out of camp. He was very good for us last year and he would make a great 13/14 forward as he is versatile and it prevents a developing player from sitting in the pressbox.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I never said that he wouldn't be. It is an option for Treliving that allows him to continue with the status quo should they desire it. Assuming Tkachuk signs a team friendly contract, the Flames could carry Brodie and Frolik until such time that could garner fair value back in a trade. And the same Flames team (for the most part) could be iced to complete unfinished business.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Now that Rittich has signed a contract without going through the arbitration process, is the 2nd buyout window still open and if it is does anyone know when it closes for the Flames?

Great contract Tre! Another home run.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Now that Rittich has signed a contract without going through the arbitration process, is the 2nd buyout window still open and if it is does anyone know when it closes for the Flames?

Yes it is still open (I believe it opens Monday for us). No idea when it closes though, I think 7 days?

Also, I could be wrong, but this contract makes Rittich the longest tenured goaltender since Kipper (assuming he plays it out here)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Buyout window opens Tuesday for 48 hours

Reactions: Rubi

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

Ahead of arbitration. Great deal for the Flames.

Fantastic! (Hopefully) Very decent to "great" goaltending for next year at well under 6 mil! Thanks Rittich for Not breaking the bank, Not holding out. Seeing the opportunity for you with this group we can push further into the playoffs toward ye'ole Stanley! Great news this season.
Focus now on how do we get MTkacher locked up!! And Mangee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad