Speculation: Rishaug: Edmonton to make a push for Ristolainen; Klefbom and the 10OA could be in play

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
And this sentiment being out there is the reason that as a Buffalo fan I want him traded. He is not a complete stud, he is one of the least intelligent players in the game. When he came into the league he would at least hit and agitate, he doesn’t do that anymore either. If his value is inflated I’d love to see Botts trade him.

Stop in an opponent's game day thread and you'll see that Risto agitates just fine, he also hits and throws his size around pretty well. The biggest complaint is that he doesn't answer the bell when it's time to drop the gloves, but that's more a fan of hockey thing than a Buffalo fan problem. Buffalo fans shouldn't want him dropping the mitts.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Stop in an opponent's game day thread and you'll see that Risto agitates just fine, he also hits and throws his size around pretty well. The biggest complaint is that he doesn't answer the bell when it's time to drop the gloves, but that's more a fan of hockey thing than a Buffalo fan problem. Buffalo fans shouldn't want him dropping the mitts.

Well said.

Some Oiler fans were upset Nurse didn’t fight as much this year as he did his rookie season. In my opinion fans shouldn’t want their top pairing defencemen fighting fourth line scrubs. They’re more valuable on the ice than in the box.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Why would Buffalo trade Ristolainen? He should be running a PP with Dahlin.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Its not just points. In 16-17, Edmonton had control of the puck more, played in the offensive zone more often, and had less turnovers. The offence all around was much better, the team played much better, and took pressure of,the defence.

This would be the effect of not having a healthy Klefbom or Sekera all year. This is why I like Faulk as a target over even someone like Green. The team needs a gunner on the backend vs. a "4th forward".

Risto would be a fun add, but not at the price of of Klefbom and the 10th. Especially when simular assets (Faulk) could be aquired for just one of those pieces, and that's a debatable overpayment.

Hell, I think the Oil could get by just targetting someone like Ceci or even Franson -both of whom could be aquried at a far cheaper rate-, and be fine. Looking in the system, Bear brings a lot of the qualities the Oil need, so let's see where he is in 10 months. He could easily be knocking at the door then.

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Russell-Ceci/Franson --> Bear

I'm happy with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad