Rise Again: The Oilers are BACK

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Do you feel it?

This year is different, it's not only a hot start. We are making the playoffs this year, my friends. Consider this an Oiler positivity thread.

I just made a pump up fan video with highlights of the season so far. Also has local Edmonton music "Rise Again" by Cecil Frena. The lyrics just fit so well. So much to be excited about with the team right now. Please excuse my lack of pro video editing experience!

Let me know what you think, and why this year is different.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Do you feel it?

This year is different, it's not only a hot start. We are making the playoffs this year, my friends. Consider this an Oiler positivity thread.

I just made a pump up fan video with highlights of the season so far. Also has local Edmonton music "Rise Again" by Cecil Frena. The lyrics just fit so well. So much to be excited about with the team right now. Please excuse my lack of pro video editing experience!

Saw this on fb :)

Reactions: Giggli G

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Too early but great to see. As McDavid said post game, "lots of work to do".

I would say. At this exact point in time. That the Oilers certainly look much better than I was expecting. Lots of issues still but far more good than bad.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Still too early. This team doesn't have the luxury to step off the gas even for a second.

We are 7-5-2 since our hot start. That kind of split will definitely give us a lock into the playoffs if we can sustain it, but these next bunch of games are crazy important for us. :)

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
PS - can someone make a "James Neal joins the battle" SSB meme? Would definitely use that one a lot... lol

Reactions: Aerrol

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
They're definitely better this year, largely because of two factors:
(a) slightly increased secondary scoring, simply by the addition of Neal
(b) better defense and increased defensive mobility (Ethan Bear, largely)

Still a long way to go before they're a really good team, though. Like, a long way.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The reason we are in a playoff spot is because of goaltending. Every year McDavid and Draisaitl carry the team but Talbots garbage goaltending sunk us every year.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Team speed and bottom six forward ability on defense/PK are huge reasons as well

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm just going to pitch in on the killer tune. Hardly watched the hilights. :) Great old school Riff followed by some cool key modulation. I really liked the sound!

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Still too early. This team doesn't have the luxury to step off the gas even for a second.

We are 7-5-2 since our hot start. That kind of split will definitely give us a lock into the playoffs if we can sustain it, but these next bunch of games are crazy important for us. :)

While I take your point, cherry picking to discount wins is not in keeping with good maths

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
They're definitely better this year, largely because of two factors:
(a) slightly increased secondary scoring, simply by the addition of Neal
(b) better defense and increased defensive mobility (Ethan Bear, largely)

Still a long way to go before they're a really good team, though. Like, a long way.

Why? Our defense is just going to keep getting better. We need 2 more scoring forwards, and I feel like one of them will be ready from Bako next year. The other we can probably acquire via trade as we will simply have too many dmen with Jones, Lagesson and Bouchard pushing next year, and the Gagner/Manning contracts will expire.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Imagine if Granlund, P. Russell, Khaira, Sheahan, Cave, Nygard, Gagner, Archibald and Jurco had more than 3 goals????

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Great pos
Do you feel it?

Great post, you go, girl!

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Great set of highlights to watch, we're so lucky to have McDavid-Draisaitl on the same team. I was definitely one that scoffed at the Draisaitl = McDavid's Malkin comments in years past, but man has he ever proven me wrong. Some absolutely dominant games already, and he hasn't slowed down yet.

As for the video - I personally didn't like the subtitles lol, and I would've like a little less volume on the music and more audio from the game, particularly the goal calls. I always like to hear those myself. But great work in any case! I always appreciate fans who take the time to put videos like this together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad