Red Sox/MLB RIP Tom Seaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Devers and Bogaerts both single. Imagine if idiot Pillar didn't fall asleep on the basepaths and they had two men on base.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not saying he's anywhere near as good, but doesn't Valdez physically look like the spitting image of a young Pedro Martinez, in terms of body type and delivery?

Reactions: Mione134

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm not saying he's anywhere near as good, but doesn't Valdez physically look like the spitting image of a young Pedro Martinez, in terms of body type and delivery?

He's taller than Pedro though. I still can't believe how hard Pedro could throw while being slight and not that tall.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He's taller than Pedro though. I still can't believe how hard Pedro could throw while being slight and not that tall.
True, Valdez is probably closer to Ramon Martinez in stature.

Pedro was an absolute freak of nature, a once in a lifetime pitcher.

Reactions: BMC

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Bye baseball

MLB Last Week
tenor.gif

MLB This Week
200.gif

MLB Next Week
ChillyParchedHawk-max-1mb.gif

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
whats the definition of insanity?

Yeah, I don't get why they think anything will change if they continue the way they've been doing things. It's almost like they picked the worst possible way to go about it so it would fail and they could pull the plug or something. If that was the plan, then it makes sense to me. If they really thought they could do this the way they did and it would work? That's far more troubling for the state of baseball and it's long term viability...

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad