RIP Tom Billington -The Dynamite Kid - Age 60

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sounds like I need to read up on his life more from all the reactions on here. Watched him as a kid a fair bit but never really delved any deeper than that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I only ever knew him when I watched wrestling as a kid with the British Bulldogs. Only years later when I stopped watching wrestling did I finally see a lot of his singles work on YouTube. Still he was fantastic with the Bulldogs and to this day I consider them one of the top 2-3 tag teams of all time (despite never seeing them rated that highly for some odd reason). Benoit had some similarities and clearly seemed influenced by him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The funny thing is all the people on twitter saying our thoughts and prayers are with his family probably don't realize they're among the happiest he passed away.

Dude is scum. Benoit level of "who gives a damn what he did in the ring when he was such a piece of crap"

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The funny thing is all the people on twitter saying our thoughts and prayers are with his family probably don't realize they're among the happiest he passed away.

Dude is scum. Benoit level of "who gives a damn what he did in the ring when he was such a piece of crap"

Benoit level? Multi-murderer level? Seems like the wrestling equivalent of comparing random people who never attempted a genocide to Hitler.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bret Hart said something to the effect that much of that book was pure fiction, and he was one of the few who actually liked Tom B.
Maybe given the head trauma these guys have what they are actually writing is reality in their heads

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Benoit level? Multi-murderer level? Seems like the wrestling equivalent of comparing random people who never attempted a genocide to Hitler.

Someone posted a story of how a wrestler/manager in the Stampede asked him to break his daughters legs to get an insurance payout. The girl never walked normally again. And he admitted it was true in his kickstart documentary.

It’s not murder but it is beyond the pale.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Someone posted a story of how a wrestler/manager in the Stampede asked him to break his daughters legs to get an insurance payout. The girl never walked normally again. And he admitted it was true in his kickstart documentary.

It’s not murder but it is beyond the pale.

That's a pretty bad one. Never heard it before. Definitely an asshole. Not a multi-murderer though.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I believe it was his niece. He apparently tied her to the bed, broke her knee caps to collect insurance money. He would also wake his wife up frequently in the middle of the night with a gun to her throat as a "prank" and said "next time it will be loaded" - He would also force sex on her and beat her. The first time Davey Boy used steroids, Dynamite filled his syringe with milk.

He was an absolute POS.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Bulldogs-Hart Foundation some of my earliest wrestling memories.

Which Rougeau brother knocked dynamite’s teeth out with a roll of quarters again?

Jacques, but both were involved.

Dynamite was treating them like shit for a while, they had enough, Raymond held the door, Jacques hit him and then they fled.

Jacques tells the story in a book he did on wrestling (in French). Bruce Prichard told the story the same way on his podcast a few times.

Reactions: Disclose and koyvoo

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's a pretty bad one. Never heard it before. Definitely an *******. Not a multi-murderer though.
That's the thing with Dynamite. You know he was a terrible person, but every time people talk about him you learn of something new that he did that would have been terrible on it's own, let alone on top of everything else you already know about. It just keeps getting worse.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I believe it was his niece. He apparently tied her to the bed, broke her knee caps to collect insurance money. He would also wake his wife up frequently in the middle of the night with a gun to her throat as a "prank" and said "next time it will be loaded" - He would also force sex on her and beat her. The first time Davey Boy used steroids, Dynamite filled his syringe with milk.

He was an absolute POS.
No condoning what he did, but the father of his Niece is a bigger piece of shit.

Who the hell would wish that on their own kid?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
everytime Jacques Rougeau is on the (local) radio, he talks about that incident / his hate for the bulldogs and pinning Hogan in montreal. like always. 100%.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I haven't been online for a few days, and this is literally the first I've heard of his death.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy his matches. He was one of the most important/influential wrestlers of the 80s. But as many have already said in this thread, by all accounts he was a horrible human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Any Word yet on when they'll make the Hollywood Movie with Tom Hardy as the dynamite kid?

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
No condoning what he did, but the father of his Niece is a bigger piece of ****.

Who the hell would wish that on their own kid?

I'm pretty sure it was not his niece . ( not that that makes it any better ) It was the daughter of his in ring manager in Stampede Wrestling- John "JR" Foley ( He was not a nice guy either ) . His daughter was in a car accident but he didn't think she was injured enough to get a good insurance settlement , so as the story goes , Dynamite was paid to finish the job . Broke both her legs below the knee , think she had a limp the rest of her life .
Dynamite said "it was true" on a shoot interview I found on youtube .

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Sad to hear but definitely not surprising. The Bulldogs were my first favorite tag team but I was so young only vaguely remember them wrestling. I've watched highlights of some of dynamites matches from Japan and he was amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad