RIP Tom Billington -The Dynamite Kid - Age 60

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Not surprised. The last You Tube video I saw of him from a few years ago, he almost looked comatose and not responsive sitting at home in his recliner with his wife/girlfriend? by his side. R.I.P.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I thought he was awesome inside of the ring, but quite the ******* outside of it.

No more suffering, RIP, Dynamite Kid
At the end of the day while he might've been a dick, but at least he didn't take anyone down with him.

RIP Dynamite

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not surprised. The last You Tube video I saw of him from a few years ago, he almost looked comatose and not responsive sitting at home in his recliner with his wife/girlfriend? by his side. R.I.P.
Hasn't he been pretty rough shape since the mid 90's? Quite a long time to go through all that pain

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Just realized he died on his birthday. 60 even.

Survivor Series 1988 was his last in then WWF.

After a real life altercation between him and Jacques Rougeau 2 months prior, they we're on opposing sides of the 20 man tag team series. Despite the Rougeaus getting a push they we're the first team eliminated while the Bulldogs we're kept towards the later part of the match (right before the Demolition-Powers of Pain double turn).

This done so the Rogeaus could leave the arena early before Billington went after him backstage. Dynamite was gone afterwards and never returned,

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
At the end of the day while he might've been a dick, but at least he didn't take anyone down with him.

RIP Dynamite
You can make a fair case for him being the main reason Bulldog's life ended up being how it was.

He's also a guy who used to wake people up with loaded shotguns in their face. It's just luck that he didn't kill anyone.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Definitely one of the most influential wrestlers since the 1980s, definitely a huge asshole who got worse over the years as well. His quality of life had seemingly been horrible for a long time so this isn't remotely surprisig. His book is one of the better wrestling autobiographies, I recommend it to anyone interested in 1980s wrestling (around the world, not just WWF) or just typical crazy wrestling stories.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I would say my first real "I need to have this" moment in wrestling was The Bulldogs winning the tag titles at WM 2. I loved them.

But yeah, DK was a piece of crap (despite pushing the hell out of his book when I worked at a bookstore in the early 2000's) and it's weird how he's only kept from the absolute bottom of human beings in the sport by the kid who idolized him.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
When you see pictures of Davey and Dynamite from their really young days, you get an idea of what they put their bodies through to build and maintain their physiques while wrestling full time.

They were both really skinny as young men.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
When you see pictures of Davey and Dynamite from their really young days, you get an idea of what they put their bodies through to build and maintain their physiques while wrestling full time.

They were both really skinny as young men.

Davy Boy diseased his heart and died prematurely of a heart attack while Dynamite went so far as to take horse steroids at one point !

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Definitely one of the most influential wrestlers since the 1980s, definitely a huge ******* who got worse over the years as well. His quality of life had seemingly been horrible for a long time so this isn't remotely surprisig. His book is one of the better wrestling autobiographies, I recommend it to anyone interested in 1980s wrestling (around the world, not just WWF) or just typical crazy wrestling stories.

Bret Hart said something to the effect that much of that book was pure fiction, and he was one of the few who actually liked Tom B.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bret Hart said something to the effect that much of that book was pure fiction, and he was one of the few who actually liked Tom B.

It has to be treated the same way as pretty much every wrestler's book - a lot of it is exaggerated or tailored to suit the desires of the author. Maybe even more than usual in this case given how bitter Dynamite Kid was.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Bulldogs-Hart Foundation some of my earliest wrestling memories.

Which Rougeau brother knocked dynamite’s teeth out with a roll of quarters again?

Reactions: Hot Pockets

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It has to be treated the same way as pretty much every wrestler's book - a lot of it is exaggerated or tailored to suit the desires of the author. Maybe even more than usual in this case given how bitter Dynamite Kid was.

He also wrote the book as if every match was a shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad