Boxing: RIP Muhammad Ali

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Quite possibly the most famous athlete of all-time. Deserves so much respect for standing up for what he believed in.

R.I.P Champ

Ali is not deserving of any respect. He was a horrible person who's treatment of Joe Frazier was reprehensible

Great fighter but the hell he put Frazier and his family thru forever taints his legacy

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He was actually quite racist as a young man and opposed integration. He belonged to the NOI and followed the teachings of Elijah Mohammed until 1975. Malcolm X split right after Ali joined and Ali's biggest regret was not following Malcolm.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I have wrestled with an alligator!!
I've gone tousling with a whale!!
I've gone handcuffed lightning and put thunder in jail!!
That's bad...
Only last week i murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick!! ..
I'm so mean i make medicine sick!!

*full version*

Last night I had a dream, When I got to Africa,
I had one hell of a rumble.
I had to beat Tarzan’s behind first,
For claiming to be King of the Jungle.
For this fight, I’ve wrestled with alligators,
I’ve tussled with a whale.
I done handcuffed lightning
And throw thunder in jail.
You know I’m bad.
just last week, I murdered a rock,
Injured a stone, Hospitalized a brick.
I’m so mean, I make medicine sick.
I’m so fast, man,
I can run through a hurricane and don't get wet.
When George Foreman meets me,
He’ll pay his debt.
I can drown the drink of water, and kill a dead tree.
Wait till you see Muhammad Ali.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Well now 2016, you started with our music icons, threw a couple movie icons in for fun I guess, and now are into our sports icons - can we just give it a rest already?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Definitely a man of depth and contradiction. Over time he developed great wisdom as well, IMO. When I was a kid and Ali was in his prime, I was not a fan of his as a boxer. But as we both aged, I gained respect for his as a man.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Ali is not deserving of any respect. He was a horrible person who's treatment of Joe Frazier was reprehensible

Great fighter but the hell he put Frazier and his family thru forever taints his legacy

He tried several times to make amends, we've all made mistakes in our younger days.

RIP Champ

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."

- Muhammad Ali (1942-2016).

JnF4Yz5.jpg

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
never saw any of his fights, and I don't really know much about him other than of course he was a legendary fighter and was arrogant as hell and quite a character. I think that's what made him unique he certainly had some epic lines. I'm guessing he also had a very amazing record. So that's pretty much my knowledge of him as an athlete superstar.

About his persona, I just know that he was very vocal about the social realities of his race and skipped the draft and was jailed for it. I also know about his conversion to Islam and dropping what he called his "slave/christian name" for an authentic black name to fit him. Well that I just think is laughable because he changed his name to an Arab name :laugh:

but he was without a doubt a cultural icon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad