Boxing: RIP Muhammad Ali

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
RIP

Very sad news. Never got to truly appreciate him because he was before my time but he's the GOAT. The impact he had both in and out of the ring will never be forgotten.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Damn. Bad year for sporting deaths. Can't think of many other athletes from 40+ years ago who continued to be the most popular and highly regarded of all-time in their sport by later generations.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I have wrestled with an alligator!!
I've gone tousling with a whale!!
I've gone handcuffed lightning and put thunder in jail!!
That's bad...
Only last week i murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick!! ..
I'm so mean i make medicine sick!!

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Quite possibly the most famous athlete of all-time. Deserves so much respect for standing up for what he believed in.

R.I.P Champ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RIP to the greatest of all time. I'm sure he fought until his dying breath

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
RIP Muhammad Ali...

Muhammad Ali Dead at 74

b4c98a60-2a0c-11e6-b797-1776788a36d5_ali-mod-art.jpg

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Unorthodox fighter for a heavyweight. Used footwork, hand speed and angles while his contemporaries were savage power punchers. Rest In Paradise.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
well this sucks. RIP to a legend.

talk about a rough year so far.

*Bob Richards*

I have wrestled with an alligator!!
I've gone tousling with a whale!!
I've gone handcuffed lightning and put thunder in jail!!
That's bad...
Only last week i murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick!! ..
I'm so mean i make medicine sick!!

So ****ing cool. What I loved is that he had this cadence to his sayings.

RIP.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was trying to figure out how old this news was, as I hadn't heard that he had actually died. Though I had on ABC at 12:30 EST and they did an entire half hour episode of Nightline dedicated to him. And that was the first I had heard that he passed. Looks like just an hour ago, they put that episode together pretty fast.

I heard last night he had been hospitalized, but they said it wasn't serious.

I wasn't old enough to have watched most of his career, I did a report on him in elementary school though. Probably in 2nd or 3rd grade, which must have been about 2 or 3 years after his final fight. So I became a fan and interested in him after that. Unfortunately one of the only live matches I saw of him was that comeback fight against Larry Holmes.:cry: Didn't really understand what was going on, as I was only 4 years old. A year later, I remember vaguely watching what was his last fight in 1981.

After that report I did on him, I did get into following boxing and REALLY got into it because of Tyson and George Foreman when he made his comeback in the late 80's. The Rocky movies got me into it too. I remember selfishly wishing Ali could have another comeback in the 80's like Foreman did, but am glad he never did, as it would have been very detrimental to his health and well being. Seems like a few of the great heavyweight fighters of the 70's have died in recent years. Frazier and Norton, two of Ali's rivals that he had a hell of a pair of fights with.

RIP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad