RIP George Armstrong

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
George Armstrong scored the last Leafs goal, into an empty net in 1967 to secure a 3-1 Leafs win and their last Stanley Cup. :stanley:

He will always be remembered fondly by me for that. RIP Chief

For younger Leaf fans that want to see that moment or relive that Armstrong highlight as it was back then.

Game highlights - 1967 playoffs (see minute 25 on for that Armstrong moment) ..

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
George Armstrong scored the last Leafs goal, into an empty net in 1967 to secure a 3-1 Leafs win and their last Stanley Cup. :stanley:

He will always be remembered fondly by me for that. RIP Chief

For younger Leaf fans that want to see that moment or relive that Armstrong highlight as it was back then.

Game highlights - 1967 playoffs (see minute 25 on for that Armstrong moment) ..

Way before my time and I've never actually watched this so thanks

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He lived a good life to the ripe old age of 90. Will be missed seeing the chief at games. Leaf Icon forever! Well respected, great guy.

Reactions: ToneDog

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
George Armstrong is a Leafs legend.

His statue sits on Leafs legends row as one of Leafs all-time best, memorialized for his long serving Leafs service.

former-toronto-maple-leafs-player-george-chief-armstrong-for-pictures-picture-id496424068

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Sad to see another legend from this incredible generation of people disappear.
:(.

We will never see the likes of Armstrong and these legends again, and with each passing we are worse and worse off.

Rest easy Chief. You are already missed....

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Longest serving player and captain in Maple Leaf history. Tied for second all time with four cup wins while serving as team captain.

RIP Chief.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad