RIP Dickie Moore

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
One of the great Habs, thank you Dickie add rest in peace.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Oh no!

Passing is a part of the circle of life... but I still hate it.

RIP Mr. Moore.

Your legend as a Hab great will live on! :handclap:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

It's certainly been a harsh year for the passing of so many great Habs, Dickie Moore was a heart & soul type Hab. Dickie was the Brendan Gallagher of the 50's and early 60's Habs, tough as nails with talent too match his rock hard exterior. He played through injuries that would have ended most players careers, and did so well that one would have thought he hadn't been injured ever! My condolences to the Moore family & all his friends, they must be devastated losing such a rare person as Dickie.:(:(:(

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
We've reached the point where we are hearing about Habs legends passing away far too often. It's expected but still sucks. RIP to a great player and Montreal legend.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Too many legends have past this past few year.

My sincerest condolences to the Moore family and to Canadiens organization.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow.....it had to happen at one point but this saddens me a whole lot.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Sad News

Another legend and icon is gone. The ranks of those great Montreal teams of the 50s is becoming thinner. As probably one of the very few posters here who actually saw Dickie Moore play, I can say that while not one of the most talented players of those great teams, he was an essential component of that dynasty who exhibited perseverance and leadership both on and off the ice. Mr. Moore was a winner who was both a great hockey player and a successful businessman, but above all, he was a gentleman who represented his team and city with honour. He will be missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad