In Memoriam RIP Buffaloed

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I’m stunned. Like many others, I had no idea he was ill. I loved his wit and humor here. I hadn’t realized he hasn’t been on recently, but other things in life often derail us. My deepest condolences to his family, and to those of you that knew him personally, and for such a long time. Rest in peace, Buffaloed. May his memory be a blessing. This place will not be the same.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Buff's someone who I had the pleasure of being in communication with around hockey and life for 24 years now. Joe's going to be missed. This space to talk hockey wouldn't be what it is without him. And the place won't be the same without him. Rest in peace Joe, you will be missed.
How old was he, roughly? Does anyone have a photo so we can put a face to the name?

Very sad day. He was definitely the best poster on here as far as I'm concerned -- always smart, friendly, and funny, and never too serious or aggressive. This place will be noticably less fun without him, 100%.

So sad. RIP Buffaloed/Joe. We apreciated you and we'll miss you.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
😢 I’m sure a high percentage of people on here knew him much better than me, but I always admired him from a distance. He exuded kindness. I actually tried to take a page from his book and become better/kinder poster around these parts specifically because I would consistently see his positive influence.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
This was tough to hear. Really loved his contribution to this site. Never was nasty, always had a funny quip, was kind to everyone. RIP @Buffaloed

I know this site is very protective of identities, but this is one I hope we can learn more about this character and his life. We get little pieces of peoples personal stories, but it's funny how you can interact with someone for years and enjoy them, but never really know anything about them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pretty sure the bizyayev and young dmen threads were me under one of my rotating handles back then. It's probably a good thing we can't see the posts, but I'm sure Buffaloed was patient and welcoming with a young threadspammer.

Funny to think some of us are still here from then - @TehDoak, @Jim Bob, @gaf, Bakes all come to mind. JPB in that one thread got a job that precluded him from posting any more. Such a different time and yet not really that long ago. We wouldn't have had the space to have the conversations, to feel the highs of then or shared the pain of the lows of the last decade without the work that Buff did constantly behind the scenes to keep this place running.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
RIP Buffaloed, condolences to those that knew you beyond these boards.

Your wit and banter and many other contributions behind the scenes will surely be missed around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad