#Rinne4Vezina...habs lose 3-2 OT

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Also, I wanted to add that Plekanec needed to be a little more aggressive on blocking the passing lane on the winning goal. It was obvious that the Peds were forcing the cross crease set up. Plekanec was too high on the play.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Also, I wanted to add that Plekanec needed to be a little more aggressive on blocking the passing lane on the winning goal. It was obvious that the Peds were forcing the cross crease set up. Plekanec was too high on the play.

See above.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Blew a tire. If you play for shootout you're stupid.

At the beginning of OT? We were only a minute thirty in at that point. He was globe trotting with his team mates standing watching him trying to hold their position. He blew it yes he did and if it was DD(im not a fan) people would blow a gasket.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Those whining about the call on Subban in OT should watch the replay. He hooked Forsberg, penalty was called and then Forsberg put his skate on Subban stick. Of course he fell in a weird way. It sucks to lose like that but that was the right call and there was no embelishment.

Subban, Gallagher and Marchand all get a 2 for embellishment on this no doubt in my mind.

I'm not saying it should be an embellishment call. But by NHL standard it is. The rule needs to be reviewed next season but by this season standard it totally is embellishment.

Gallagher got an embellishment 2-3 games ago for less than that.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
bounced over his stick, what do you want? It happens in OT.

The puck bouncing over his stick isn't on Subban, he can't control that ****.

But, that being said...I don't think he should have been skating laps in the offensive zone to begin with, had he just given the puck to a forward then the whole play would have looked different. The game is on the line in OT, let the forwards to their jobs and let the defensemen do their job. Subban essentially became a 3rd forward in OT tonight.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
It's OT...ice is already open as it is and that leaves a lot of opportunities for a breakaway or odd-man rush. Let the forwards 'dipsy doodle'

But it worked, and he setup Patch beautifully, it could ve been the game winner there.
Btw our forward cant dispy doodles
But my point is it has nothing to do with him going around, Patch missed his shot and the puck jumped over his stick, that has nothing to do wheather he was dispsy doodling or not.
But i do know what you mean

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
But it worked, and he setup Patch beautifully, it could ve been the game winner there.
Btw our forward cant dispy doodles :sarcasm:
But my point is it has nothing to do with him going around, Patch missed his shot and the puck jumped over his stick, that has nothing to do wheather he was dispsy doodling or not.

I'm fine with Subban playing a high risk low reward game, I'll be the last to complain about it...when he does it in regulation. If he wants to pull that **** in OT he should just sit on the bench.

Had he played a little more conservative, he'd be in a better position to stop that bouncing puck because he'd have a few extra seconds to track it down and maybe even use his skate to stop it. He had no reaction time and he was probably (maybe) out of breath too.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Eller win faceoffs more than pleks? And why were they both on instead of ANY d man.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Wish therrien would blow up in a post game interviews instead of his standard system and work hard crap he spews.

enoughs enough, this team cant get a pp. Take the fine and call out some of this bs.

Your goalie gets run over countless times without a call, defend your franchise player ( and no; not dd)

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Held onto the puck too long. When you're being forced to turn around and skate back towards your own net it's a sign you should make a safe play and dump it in deep.

In a Therrien system, yes. But in my "ideal" hockey, no, honestly. But there's a time and a place, like ottawa suggests.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I don't normal complain about this but it has gotten quite sickening how one-sided the officiating is so often now.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
We outshot and outchanced them at ES, too bad Subban took a dumb penalty but there's no reason to freak out over this game.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I like how while Subban tried to drive the net and then turned away during his play in the offensive zone, the whole time Ribeiro was two-handing him and cross checking him which made him bobble the puck.

Forsberg takes a huge dive and the arm goes up immediately. You can't say there isn't an agenda against Subban. I wonder if Forsberg gets in trouble with the league for that dive?

I agree that they could've called Ribeiro on a number of things, but Forsberg stepped on Subban's stick, it wasn't a dive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad