Value of: Riley Nash's next contract

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Depending on cost Leafs are exactly who I thought of. Provide responsibility between all the quick kids.
If he was a consistent 40 point player I think he'd be a great fit as the Bozak replacement. But, he's only done it once. We could use someone like him but anything north of $3 mil/year and he's too expensive. He'd be a luxury for any team who's looking hard at their cap.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I have to wonder if he's on the Leafs Radar since they did get a good look at him against Boston, got to say I hope not, at least not as a 3rd center, 4th? sure he's a significant upgrade on Moore and Pleks

No thanks. Rather sign Schaller/brodziak/Derek ryan for cheaper and use the money elsewhere.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
My guess is 3/9 or 4/11. As others have mentioned, he hasn't proven he can score at 0.5 ppg level consistently yet. Zero goals in 15 career playoff games doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Islanders might offer him a two year deal to play with Ladd and Ho-Sang on NYI’s third line.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
3/9 for riley. he might be the most vanilla player in the NHL, but vanilla is a good flavor.
smart, solid, dependable, versatile, low maintenance guy.

Reactions: Chainshot

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
3/9 for riley. he might be the most vanilla player in the NHL, but vanilla is a good flavor.

He's the kind of guy that I think most teams would love to have because he can pretty much play anywhere on any forward line and give you something. Having a guy like that in your bottom 6 has to be appealing.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

This seems about bang on.

Belongs in the bottom six, and isn't really the type of player you want moving into a scoring line, but he seems like a dependable guy who won't cost you, can take faceoffs, and can mesh well wish any player. Someone mentioned Bonino, and he is a little bit like a younger Bonino with a bit less offence and speed.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Buffalo fan.

Willing to overpay for Riley Nash's across the board versatility and accountability.

I'm ok with overpaying to build the appropriate depth. Failure would be waiting and hoping that the depth materializes on it's own.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo fan.

Willing to overpay for Riley Nash's across the board versatility and accountability.

I'm ok with overpaying to build the appropriate depth. Failure would be waiting and hoping that the depth materializes on it's own.

Failure would also mean silliness of trading one or more of the few good players for the hope of depth elsewhere.

Nash remains the top of my UFA wishlist.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

You're probably right, and it's too much for me if that's the number in Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad