Value of: Riley Nash's next contract

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He's going to get overpaid for sure, considering he makes $5 mill now and just put up a career year.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I sure as hell hope that Boston does not re-sign him. It will be Chris Kelly all over again. This past season was a statistical anomaly for Nash, but some GM will be dumb enough to offer him a multi-year contract at about $3 million/year. My money is on Bergevin. :laugh:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I sure as hell hope that Boston does not re-sign him. It will be Chris Kelly all over again. This past season was a statistical anomaly for Nash, but some GM will be dumb enough to offer him a multi-year contract at about $3 million/year. My money is on Bergevin. :laugh:

EDIT: I read Riley Nash and thought about Rielly Smith. The below is no longer relevant :laugh:

Dropping from $5 mil to $3 mil after almost going PPG?
Keep dreaming.
He's going to get $5.5-$6 and a the GM is going to regret it before the end of year 1

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Who are you talking about? Riley Nash had 15g 26a for 41pts. That’s his career yr.
He made 900k this year
Riley Nash - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Edit:
He probably gets a Lars Eller type contract. I hope he cashs in, might be his only chance, but he’ll be too rich for the Bruins.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
You will find zero people suggesting he is coming back to Boston btw. Bruins have another round of kids coming challenging for jobs next year and there isn’t room for (either) Nash.

Indeed. We will see Frederic or JFK can do. Frederic might have a high enough floor where he can fit right in w Backes and Heinen but don’t want my hopes too high.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have to wonder if he's on the Leafs Radar since they did get a good look at him against Boston, got to say I hope not, at least not as a 3rd center, 4th? sure he's a significant upgrade on Moore and Pleks

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Title edit for name.

It's going to depend on what teams are interested and if they are going to go AAV or term. Up to this year he's been unheralded and a bit of a journeyman. He put up points in a defensive role for an excellent team. Lesser teams may not have the wing talent to see him reproduce this career year.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No interest as a Sabre fan in another Dale Weise type. Career 20-25 point guy, has one fluke season and is entering UFA. I'd offer him no more then 3/7.5 total. Nearly 3x as much per.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I have to wonder if he's on the Leafs Radar since they did get a good look at him against Boston, got to say I hope not, at least not as a 3rd center, 4th? sure he's a significant upgrade on Moore and Pleks

Depending on cost Leafs are exactly who I thought of. Provide responsibility between all the quick kids.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Depends if Backes is back, he had a rough year with surgeries and ended up injured in Tampa. If he retirees they may kept Nash, would not bother me if that happened. Nash is looking at his big money pay off, if Backes stays then both Nashes are gone and a kid moves up, hoping for Frederic.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He should be in the 2.5-3.5 range over 2-4 years. Maybe 2/7 or 4/10. Too rich for Boston

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Depends if Backes is back, he had a rough year with surgeries and ended up injured in Tampa. If he retirees they may kept Nash, would not bother me if that happened. Nash is looking at his big money pay off, if Backes stays then both Nashes are gone and a kid moves up, hoping for Frederic.

I don't see Backes retiring unless that last concussion was one of "those" concussions. God forbid.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's definitely going to get overpaid. He's normally a ~20pt 4th line player who had a strangely great year. I would think his terrible play in the playoffs would keep the Bruins away from re-signing him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He's definitely going to get overpaid. He's normally a ~20pt 4th line player who had a strangely great year. I would think his terrible play in the playoffs would keep the Bruins away from re-signing him.

I don't know if it was strangely great. He played with Marchand and Pastrnak a bunch and then with Heinen and Backes. Heinen and Backes aren't super stars, but they are better than the guys he has played with in the past (outside of sometimes he played with Skinner IIRC). He scores points by being around guys that are scoring points. He is a defensive first guy that doesn't embarrass himself if the puck finds him in the offensive zone, but he isn't the one creating.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He just admitted he was out with a concussion, hip injury and Sports Hernia, so that explains his play and coming back too early to try and help out the team. Gets a pass from me on his playoffs and a few others. Shame so many came back too early and the injuries eventually caught up to them.

So far we have:

Acciari: Groin. Surgery.
Marchand: Groin. No surgery.
Chara: Upper body. fractured right index finger. Left shoulder. No surgery.
Riley Nash: Hip. Hopes to avoid surgery. Concussion. Sports-hernia.
DeBrusk: AC Join sprain. No surgery planned for now.
Krug: Fractured right ankle.
Bergeron: Pulled groin before start of season, flared up again late. Concussion-like symptoms.
Backes: Concussion.
Rask: Will undergo a minor procedure for a bursa in his ankle.​

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
EDIT: I read Riley Nash and thought about Rielly Smith. The below is no longer relevant :laugh:

Dropping from $5 mil to $3 mil after almost going PPG?
Keep dreaming.
He's going to get $5.5-$6 and a the GM is going to regret it before the end of year 1
Dude, not Reilly Smith... Not Rick Nash either... RILEY Nash.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
He just admitted he was out with a concussion, hip injury and Sports Hernia, so that explains his play and coming back too early to try and help out the team. Gets a pass from me on his playoffs and a few others. Shame so many came back too early and the injuries eventually caught up to them.

So far we have:

Acciari: Groin. Surgery.
Marchand: Groin. No surgery.
Chara: Upper body. fractured right index finger. Left shoulder. No surgery.
Riley Nash: Hip. Hopes to avoid surgery. Concussion. Sports-hernia.
DeBrusk: AC Join sprain. No surgery planned for now.
Krug: Fractured right ankle.
Bergeron: Pulled groin before start of season, flared up again late. Concussion-like symptoms.
Backes: Concussion.
Rask: Will undergo a minor procedure for a bursa in his ankle
.​
Holy smoke.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Picked up most of his points playing in Bergeron spot didn't he? Though he wouldn't have stayed there if he didn't fit.

Seems like a good third liner who can step up in injury, probably deserves around 3-3.5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad