Confirmed with Link: Rielly signs 8 year extension - 7.5M AAV

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hamilton is a dressing room cancer traded to many times. He drags down every team he has been on.
Canes? They were a contender with him for every year he was there. He was their best/2nd best D-man

He's great, probably a bit better than Rielly has been the past two years playing with better defensive partners and a better defensive structure. On the Devils, he's around as good as the Leafs with both teams having similar defensive talent.

He only got traded 2 times, and the Boston trade was a dumb move by the Bruins who were afraid of paying him.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
They are running out of time.

No improvement this year and they’ll probably have a new coach, GM, and maybe President, and the new persons first task will likely to be trading one of them

meh, Matthews isn’t getting traded. I really don’t think the core is going to get broken up unless there is a deal that makes 100% sense. Tavares is more than likely retiring a Toronto Maple Leaf. Even if we get a new GM they aren’t going to move one of those guys just because. & tbh I don’t see Dubas getting fired any time soon. How many teams got new GM’s and the core was immediately blown up. It just doesn’t happen in the NHL. I think it’s more likely one of them walks to UFA before they get traded. I just don’t think there is a deal you could make where you feel good about it afterwards.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Canes? They were a contender with him for every year he was there. He was their best/2nd best D-man

He's great, probably a bit better than Rielly has been the past two years playing with better defensive partners and a better defensive structure. On the Devils, he's around as good as the Leafs with both teams having similar defensive talent.

He only got traded 2 times, and the Boston trade was a dumb move by the Bruins who were afraid of paying him.
Canes, Bruins and Calgary all moved away from him. He is not liked on any team he played on in the NHL and in Jr.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
So if he wouldn’t be 1D on half the teams, does that not make him the 1D on the other half?
No that means if you want to win a cup, this is a mistake. If you want to feel good about what some call a hometown discount then celebrate, but to me this is a hometown premium.
He can be #1 in Detroit and work on his golf game during the long off season, but winning a cup is the goal not having a warm and fuzzy feeling...had that for 54 yrs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No that means if you want to win a cup, this is a mistake. If you want to feel good about what some call a hometown discount then celebrate, but to me this is a hometown premium.
He can be #1 in Detroit and work on his golf game during the long off season, but winning a cup is the goal not having a warm and fuzzy feeling...had that for 54 yrs.

:facepalm:

Reactions: Burnie97

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Rielly is a bargain. Way better than many in leaf land give him credit for. Typical of many in this fan base to over romanticize players of other teams over our own. I'm glad he is here

Yeah it's not like leaf fans constantly over rate our own players and under rate opposing players.

It sure would've been embarrassing if many leaf fans thought Ritchie was going to fill in for Hyman.

It's also a good thing nobody was saying that we got the steal of the draft when we got lilj.

:sarcasm:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It’s fine if you didn’t have 3 other forwards making 11 million and zero playoff success as a unit.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah it's not like leaf fans constantly over rate our own players and under rate opposing players.

It sure would've been embarrassing if many leaf fans thought Ritchie was going to be a good player. :sarcasm:
That happens in every fan base but there is a lot of folks here who spend a whole lot of time bashing players on the team even after a win.
Bottom line is that there are a lot of so called fans who know jack shit about the Nhl. They shamelessly parade their ignorance by never raising specific plays while assuring their eye tests are sound.
Heaven forbid anyone attempt to quantify contribution in any meaningful way because even something as simple as shot counts cannot be trusted because those damned advanced stats cant be trusted.
I highly suspect they wouldnt be able to count past 20 without taking their shoes and socks off. Arithmatics be for those stat geeks.

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Liked the mild applause he got on Saturday when he touched the puck the first time - he's seen some of his teammates go down some hellish PR battles on their negotiations, and decided completely against it. That goes a long way for a player's perception in a hot market like this.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don’t understand how fans can say this is not a good deal or Reilly didn’t take a home town discount. Reilly can net 9mil in the open market.

It shows Reilly wants to be here and is willing to take less than his market value.

Doubledose

Oct 14, 2021
Rielly is a bargain. Way better than many in leaf land give him credit for. Typical of many in this fan base to over romanticize players of other teams over our own. I'm glad he is here
And then when on another team most of those same people say.
'Man imagine if we had a Morgan Reilly'

Reactions: DirkStraun

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Rielly is a top pair defenseman who took 9% aav in his prime.

this was a fantastic deal and we were lucky to get it.

diceman reported that he would take under market X8 with full NMC early. It looks like he knew after all.

I personally would have given the full NMC for 6.75 as was rumoured but man this is a great deal.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Rielly is a top pair defenseman who took 9% aav in his prime.

this was a fantastic deal and we were lucky to get it.

diceman reported that he would take under market X8 with full NMC early. It looks like he knew after all.

I personally would have given the full NMC for 6.75 as was rumoured but man this is a great deal.
Yeah I wouldn't have had a problem with a full no move for Rielly at that price but that is a pretty minor thing at the end of the day.

Reactions: GermanLeaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad