Value of: Rielly for another D 1-for-1 swap?

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Dude. We are in year 2 of our rebuild. This does not need to happen. We are not contenders, we will not be trading core pieces to help this team compete immediately. Rielly isn't the problem.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Don't listen to Schenneuf...universally mocked on the Leafs board for a reason.

OK, let his own fellow leaf fans criticise the OP

Not even a leaf fan, trading Reilly a very bad idea. So many rookies on your team (like jets) bound to have some bad defensive nights.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Dude. We are in year 2 of our rebuild. This does not need to happen. We are not contenders, we will not be trading core pieces to help this team compete immediately. Rielly isn't the problem.

Is this like reverse dog years or something?

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
wow

Its no wonder leaf fans get such a bad rep on these boards.

Don't even know where to start with this one, so you know what.... I wont even.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
When Mike Babcock was talking about pain, he was talking to people like OP.

Chill the **** out, dawg.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
I don't think Rielly is all he's cracked up to be and I don't think he'll ever be a complete #1 d-man. But we should value him for what he is and recognize he can be a really good top pairing d-man if he's given proper defensive support beside him.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
wow

Its no wonder leaf fans get such a bad rep on these boards.

Don't even know where to start with this one, so you know what.... I wont even.

HF doesnt have a problem with the few leaf fans who acknowledge that not all their 20y/o kids are future HOFers.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
You can see the pain in the other Leafs fans eyes. I didnt say trade Rielly for a 30 year old. I didnt say I want playoffs.

I simply think Rielly is overrated and wanted to see what other teams would offer? Looking for a similarly talented D of about the same age in return.

I am a pragmatic Leaf fan and they tend to get chastised for not being homers.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
You can see the pain in the other Leafs fans eyes. I didnt say trade Rielly for a 30 year old. I didnt say I want playoffs.

I simply think Rielly is overrated and wanted to see what other teams would offer? Looking for a similarly talented D of about the same age in return.

Oh so a NHL 17 trade

Who else has a OVR the same as Rielly, guys? Not looking for anything in particular just the same player, same age, etc

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Leafs need a shakeup on D, so lets trade our best D? What's happening now is all expected and part of the rebuild; have some patience man!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Again how does trading Rielly solve the problem....when we need more good defensemen not just swap a good one for a good one lol

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Oh so a NHL 17 trade

Who else has a OVR the same as Rielly, guys? Not looking for anything in particular just the same player, same age, etc

Haven't bought an NHL game since NHL 94. I did pick up Titanfall 2 on Friday though.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This reminds me of the Gump Worsley story when he played goal for the Rangers. When asked which team gave him the most trouble, Gump instantaneously responded, "The New York Rangers." Which fans make the worst Leaf trade proposals? Leaf fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad