Value of: Rickard Rakell

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I think that's to make the cap work and the first in what is the lead. Kassian could at least protect your younger players tho.

Kassian has negative value from my perspective. 4 years 3.2 mil for a bottom 6 winger? Ya that's a no for me.
Ducks can retain on Rakell to make the cap work, and Edmonton can pay more because a low 1st is not enough for Rakell retained.

Calgary's first/2nd and Zary ?

I would do 1st + Zary for Rakell with salary retained.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Everyone wants this guy, he's such a two-way gamer.

I'd love to see Toronto acquire him but it seems impossible to get the salary to work. Edmonton seems like a great fit, too.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
What would be the ask from the Canucks? Rakell fits our top 6 very nicely.

Hoglander :thumbu:

Same ask as everyone else. Mid 1st + B prospect.
Honestly, none of the Canucks prospects really interest me outside of the 2 big guys that have no chance of being moved.

So for Vancouver I would say 2021 1st + 2022 2nd.

Everyone wants this guy, he's such a two-way gamer.

I'd love to see Toronto acquire him but it seems impossible to get the salary to work. Edmonton seems like a great fit, too.

How would it be impossible to make it work? If the Ducks retain half then he is only at a 1.9 mil cap hit.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Honestly, none of the Canucks prospects really interest me outside of the 2 big guys that have no chance of being moved.

How would it be impossible to make it work? If the Ducks retain half then he is only at a 1.9 mil cap hit.

1.9 is a lot for us right now lol

I guess if you took Dermott back, and we accrued some space, we could make it happen.

Above you ask for Hoglander - I don't think the Leafs could offer anything close to that value. It would be something like Dermott+1st+, but I imagine you would get better.

Reactions: Getz2noone

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013

Thats fair. The Canucks won't move their 1st round just yet or at all. I do agree that propect pool is lacking right now. Hope Benning at least tosses an offer at Murray and hope he bites. Something like Gaudette + 2nd 2022 doesn't sound sexy but I feel the value is there.

That low cap hit + retention has the potential to bring in some really nice pieces for Anaheim if the buyers are there.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
1.9 is a lot for us right now lol

I guess if you took Dermott back, and we accrued some space, we could make it happen.

Above you ask for Hoglander - I don't think the Leafs could offer anything close to that value. It would be something like Dermott+1st+, but I imagine you would get better.

Hoglander isn't happening. That was tongue in cheek.

Reactions: Critical91

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Thats fair. The Canucks won't move their 1st round just yet or at all. I do agree that propect pool is lacking right now. Hope Benning at least tosses an offer at Murray and hope he bites. Something like Gaudette + 2nd 2022 doesn't sound sexy but I feel the value is there.

That low cap hit + retention has the potential to bring in some really nice pieces for Anaheim if the buyers are there.

I feel like in the current cap environment, a top 6 winger for 1.9 mil would hold a TON of value.
Look at Coleman's return last season. Rakell is better in every way and the cap situation around the league has gotten worse since then.

Reactions: nucksauce

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
How about drouin for rakell ? Anaheim gets two years younger and the extra year . Montreal retains 850,000 to even it out .

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How about drouin for rakell ? Anaheim gets two years younger and the extra year . Montreal retains 850,000 to even it out .
I think every time we’ve had this talk the Canadians pitch drouin and duck fans say we’d rather get a 1st and b prospect, or a 2nd and a good prospect

no real interest in drouin

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I feel like in the current cap environment, a top 6 winger for 1.9 mil would hold a TON of value.
Look at Coleman's return last season. Rakell is better in every way and the cap situation around the league has gotten worse since then.

I would be all over that, but I don't know how to make it work cap wise. Rakell is awesome, I love that guy. Would be great to have him beside Matthews and Marner, since he can keep up and is defensively sound.

I'd have no trouble dealing a 1st+prospects for him. I still bet someone would out bid us, but we'd have to be careful as we would need to protect him, which means potentially spending more assets to protect other players.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Moving Zary for a winger is a mistake, I would offer something around Poirier and a 1st

And I'm sure someone would offer more.
Even if they dont, Zary fits a need for the Ducks.
Poirier kind of falls into the plethora of B level LHD prospects. Tell me where you think he fits in with the guys they have, because I wouldn't say he is forsure gonna be better then any of them personally:
Thrun
Mahura
Guhle
Benoit

Ledge And Dairy

And I'm sure someone would offer more.
Even if they dont, Zary fits a need for the Ducks.
Poirier kind of falls into the plethora of B level LHD prospects. Tell me where you think he fits in with the guys they have, because I wouldn't say he is forsure gonna be better then any of them personally:
Thrun
Mahura
Guhle
Benoit
Im basing my offer off one made by a ducks fan on CF, where he offered Rakell and Guhle for Poirier a 1st and Simon. It's as simple as Flames need Zary so they won't be moving him for a winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad