Value of: Rickard Rakell to rhe Leafs

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks don’t want futures. Murray has said they are looking for a hockey trade and a young player who is NHL ready or under 25 yo.

I still think Rakell gets an extension especially if they can move Henrique and after his WC performance might be a little easier or Seattle takes him. Rakell has stated he wants to stay in Anaheim and see the rebuild through. Ducks Top 6 is already bare, moving him and it’s a real issue with more holes to fill. So trading him for futures sets their rebuild back even further. Something the organization doesn’t want to do and become the Buffalo Sabres of the West.
I’m fine with that I think Rakells last couple years will help keep his contract relatively low.

Reactions: Leonardo87

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Ducks don’t want futures. Murray has said they are looking for a hockey trade and a young player who is NHL ready or under 25 yo.

I still think Rakell gets an extension especially if they can move Henrique and after his WC performance might be a little easier or Seattle takes him. Rakell has stated he wants to stay in Anaheim and see the rebuild through. Ducks Top 6 is already bare, moving him and it’s a real issue with more holes to fill. So trading him for futures sets their rebuild back even further. Something the organization doesn’t want to do and become the Buffalo Sabres of the West.

Murray doesn’t trade anyway. And if he does? He does Bieksa type trades or dumpster dives. He will be fired soon enough. We’re talking about trades for next coming GM by October. Because that’s the only time imo he has left

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Murray doesn’t trade anyway. And if he does? He does Bieksa type trades or dumpster dives. He will be fired soon enough. We’re talking about trades for next coming GM by October. Because that’s the only time imo he has left
literally nothing you say is ever true lol. Murray is pretty active in trades, he just doesn't make "big" trades all the time. He does more change of scenery or trades for vets/depth for low cost. He won't be fired since he has one year left on his contract; the owners won't fire him with just a year left. they'll let him go through his deal while he works on bringing up with replacement.

Reactions: duckpuck

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
There were rumors that Dubas tried very hard to acquire Rakell at the deadline and they just couldn't make it work either due to Rakell's injury or maybe they ran out of time.

With Zach Hyman seemingly on his way out I suspect we will see more Rakell talks and I wouldn't be surprised if Rakell ended up a Leaf.

What does a deal look like.
never been interested in him, and still am not.
rumors may have all been from these boards anyways.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Ducks likely wait til the trade deadline on Rakell and Lindholm and trade him to teams desperate for a cup.
I get the sense the pressure has gone up 200% on Dubas to win the cup next year and he'll cave in this time and go 'All In' for real.

For Rakell i wouldn't settle for less than Robertson 1 for 1 or Amirov + a 1st.
If no deal happens then they can re-sign Rakell who has said he wants to stay here and see the rebuild thru.
wouldnt want him regardless ...has been regressing for 3+ years, he doesnt get that good a return.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
There were rumors that Dubas tried very hard to acquire Rakell at the deadline and they just couldn't make it work either due to Rakell's injury or maybe they ran out of time.

With Zach Hyman seemingly on his way out I suspect we will see more Rakell talks and I wouldn't be surprised if Rakell ended up a Leaf.

What does a deal look like.

It looks like Rickard Rakell to Edmonton for a 1st round pick and one of Tyler Benson or Cooper Marody. ;)

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It looks like Rickard Rakell to Edmonton for a 1st round pick and one of Tyler Benson or Cooper Marody. ;)
I like oilers fans, despite being somewhat rival to us they don’t sit there and try to bash Rakell as a player cause they want him cheaper lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad