Value of: Rickard Rakell to rhe Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There were rumors that Dubas tried very hard to acquire Rakell at the deadline and they just couldn't make it work either due to Rakell's injury or maybe they ran out of time.

With Zach Hyman seemingly on his way out I suspect we will see more Rakell talks and I wouldn't be surprised if Rakell ended up a Leaf.

What does a deal look like.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ducks likely wait til the trade deadline on Rakell and Lindholm and trade him to teams desperate for a cup.
I get the sense the pressure has gone up 200% on Dubas to win the cup next year and he'll cave in this time and go 'All In' for real.

For Rakell i wouldn't settle for less than Robertson 1 for 1 or Amirov + a 1st.
If no deal happens then they can re-sign Rakell who has said he wants to stay here and see the rebuild thru.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks likely wait til the trade deadline on Rakell and Lindholm and trade him to teams desperate for a cup.
I get the sense the pressure has gone up 200% on Dubas to win the cup next year and he'll cave in this time and go 'All In' for real.

If no deal happens then they can re-sign Rakell who has said he wants to stay here and see the rebuild thru.

I don’t see those as likely cases... maybe leafs 2022 1st, or amirov + 2nd

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Seems kinda risky to just let a UFA walk, then trade assets for an upcoming UFA who could walk next year.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I don't know how rakell has that kind of value on his last year. Toffoli and palms are both reasonable comps to bracket his worth and neither pulled that

Reactions: TFHockey

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I agree this is Dubas's make or break year, he either makes SIGNIFICANT progress or he's gone

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rakell is worth more if he’s traded in the off-season than at the deadline. The ideal time to move him was last offseason but Murray has held onto him too long. I think we can expect a first and a decent but not high end prospect now.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021

I half second this notion? Based on principle. The 22 first because Anaheim may find a next Crosby because Matthews goes down? That leaves an opportunity for draft lotto. Also makes sense because 22 draft is strong either way, I got a huge feeling Anaheim would accept this offer if Toronto wants to play Russian roulette again with our previous transactions

Last edited:

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I don't know how rakell has that kind of value on his last year. Toffoli and palms are both reasonable comps to bracket his worth and neither pulled that
I’d imagine it would be dubas trying to save his own ass. Desperate GMs always screw over team’s futures

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Part of the negotiating, the price comes down during the talks and the Ducks settle for less but if they start the ask as Amirov + 2nd then the Leafs will try to get him for less than that.
Dubas really tries to ripoff teams and give up hardly anything. So starting the price high on Toronto is what i'd try.
The late first he gave up for Foligno is like a 2nd round pick in other drafts that are a lot deeper and where there isn't covid effecting the scouting.
I get the impression that is what Columbus did with Toronto, started the price high until they settled on a 1st for Foligno

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I’d imagine it would be dubas trying to save his own ass. Desperate GMs always screw over team’s futures

And it’s touché that Bob Murray is in the same predicament. He doesn’t deserve another year as it is. I’m surprised when Angels owner and Lakers owner, Dodgers owner, you know the surplus of teams here. Aren’t talking sh** about the Ducks right now at dinner parties, cmon it’s a Joke

I Want 5 total first round picks in 22 make it happen with trades. Ducks is the laughing stock in Southern California. Not even the angels are this bad

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If I’m the Ducks, I hold onto my expiring contracts until the deadline. You’ll have far more bidders then, and you’ll likely have much more clarity as to where the team is and the direction it’s headed.
Plus if he's playing very well it'll up his value to a contender.
With Zegras, Comtois and Drysdale improving next year he should have a better season.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
And it’s touché that Bob Murray is in the same predicament. He doesn’t deserve another year as it is. I’m surprised when Angels owner and Lakers owner, Dodgers owner, you know the surplus of teams here. Aren’t talking sh** about the Ducks right now at dinner parties, cmon it’s a Joke

I Want 5 total first round picks in 22 make it happen with trades. Ducks is the laughing stock in Southern California. Not even the angels are this bad
Take your meds bro :laugh: ducks are on the right path they just need their guys to develop

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Take your meds bro :laugh: ducks are on the right path they just need their guys to develop

Nah wayyyy to many sports teams are good right now. This development path needs to be accelerated. Even USA soccer is good. We beat Mexico today

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Nah wayyyy to many sports teams are good right now. This development path needs to be accelerated. Even USA soccer is good. We beat Mexico today
Who watches American Soccer ?
MLS is like a low level minor league system compared to the leagues in Europe and its also where old washed up Euro leaguers go to retire.

Reactions: 405Entrance

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
The ducks are in year 3 of a rebuild where the cub board was extremely empty. Larson and Sam steel were our best prospects. The rams and lakers had to suck before they became good and the angels are a joke. Arte is an idiot who’s ruining 2 once in a life time talents. The dodgers sucked a while back but good ownership and a good FO has kept their window open. The kings are in the same situation as us. I don’t know why you think the ducks are in such a bad state. Reevaluate what you say bro. This is why you got banned last time. People think you’re trolling when you’re really being sincere

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Who watches American Soccer ?
MLS is like a low level minor league system compared to the leagues in Europe and its also where old washed up Euro leaguers go to retire.

No one mentioned MLS. You’re assuming MLS. USA men’s just beat Mexico today in CONCACAF.

Women’s soccer is good here also. Way to many sports to watch, and so little time to wait for Anaheim to get good again. Accelerate the process, or fans like me won’t watch. And you’ll be putting cardboard faces in stands still next season. Because I ain’t paying to see the product that is currently on the roster. And I’ll double down if Comtois isn’t resigned

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The ducks are in year 3 of a rebuild where the cub board was extremely empty. Larson and Sam steel were our best prospects. The rams and lakers had to suck before they became good and the angels are a joke. Arte is an idiot who’s ruining 2 once in a life time talents. The dodgers sucked a while back but good ownership and a good FO has kept their window open. The kings are in the same situation as us. I don’t know why you think the ducks are in such a bad state. Reevaluate what you say bro. This is why you got banned last time. People think you’re trolling when you’re really being sincere
I worry what happens when Arte goes senile if he hasn't already. I don't expect him to go full 'Al Davis' on the Angels but he could make some really bad decisions where he believes he's right despite the GM laying out the facts right in front of him.

I wonder how long the Lakers window is open for, Lebron is gonna be 37 this year and probably has only a few years left of elite status at most.
After that it'll be Anthony Davis by himself carrying the team. They may have to eventually tank again.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
No one mentioned MLS. You’re assuming MLS. USA men’s just beat Mexico today in CONCACAF.

Women’s soccer is good here also. Way to many sports to watch, and so little time to wait for Anaheim to get good again. Accelerate the process, or fans like me won’t watch. And you’ll be putting cardboard faces in stands still next season. Because I ain’t paying to see the product that is currently on the roster. And I’ll double down if Comtois isn’t resigned
Comtois is a RFA lol, they will sign him.

You got me, i don't know anything about Soccer other than that the best teams are in UK/Germany/Spain. Manchester United or Liverpool FC or Real Madrid or something.

SavageMatthews34

Nov 21, 2017

My friend your not getting a top prospect for a guy poised to leave ur team as a UFA in a year. Youll probably get a depth player. A b level prospect and a second. And that might even be a steep price to pay for 1 year of a player. Rakell is not panarin, hes a real good secondary scorer but if u think the leafs are paying one of their top prospects for a year if his service ur drunk

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Ducks will want futures and I don't think Leafs should offer futures. They only have 6 picks combined in the next 2 drafts and their prospect pool is middle of the road at best. Toronto needs to think about restocking them as they compete, not emptying them. Or else we're just going to see another full rebuild in the future.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks will want futures and I don't think Leafs should offer futures. They only have 6 picks combined in the next 2 drafts and their prospect pool is middle of the road at best. Toronto needs to think about restocking them as they compete, not emptying them. Or else we're just going to see another full rebuild in the future.

Ducks don’t want futures. Murray has said they are looking for a hockey trade and a young player who is NHL ready or under 25 yo.

I still think Rakell gets an extension especially if they can move Henrique and after his WC performance might be a little easier or Seattle takes him. Rakell has stated he wants to stay in Anaheim and see the rebuild through. Ducks Top 6 is already bare, moving him and it’s a real issue with more holes to fill. So trading him for futures sets their rebuild back even further. Something the organization doesn’t want to do and become the Buffalo Sabres of the West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad