Rickard Rakell 14G 21P in 21GP

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I dont understand the problem here???

GPG was referring to his GPG AVG, which is frankly one of the best in the league right about now! He has 7 goals in his last 9 too.

GPG = goal per game

If you say, "Player A [is] GPG through X games," there is an implication that he has scored at least one goal per game. Your title was misleading.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kid can ball. His shooting % is obviously unsustainable, but he'll likely be a 30 goal scorer soon, if not this year.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
The kid is legit. He is a real top line caliber player. I've been watching a lot of his games to specifically scout him.

Amazing hands, sees the ice very well, solid shot and he is already a solid player in all three zones.

With that said he will obviously cool down a bit. Not many guys can score goals at that rate...

Ducks have him locked up for just under 3.8 mill per season for 5 more years, NOT including this season. Great signing by them.

I view him as a lock to be a consistent 55-65 point player with + upside.

Very exciting player to watch.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He's no flash in the pan - great shooter and certainly could contend for 30 goals year after year.

He's a legit future if not already 1st line player and is an offensive threat that not many really foresaw when he was a prospect. Dangerous with the puck, and effective without it. Anaheim breathes a sigh of relief having seen the emergence of a forward of his caliber.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
This is where I get very confused when people say that there is zero chance Silfverberg is drafted by Vegas.

I mean when PIT fans respond to why Murray isn't going we always give the reason that worst case scenario we buy out Fleury.

Other than exposing Rakkel (which they won't) how are they keeping Silfverberg?

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
This is where I get very confused when people say that there is zero chance Silfverberg is drafted by Vegas.

I mean when PIT fans respond to why Murray isn't going we always give the reason that worst case scenario we buy out Fleury.

Other than exposing Rakkel (which they won't) how are they keeping Silfverberg?

Buyout bieksa or he waives and go 7 forward. There were reports that him and Anaheim were trying to adjust the nmc over the summer, didn't happen, but I assume he's still cooperative.

Oct 18, 2011
He is very crafty and is not afraid to try things and he also plays in the dirty areas and gets plenty of goals around the net too. Shooting % is high but he generates alot of quality chances

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Ducks are insanely good at drafting, almost their whole team was drafted in-house, and those who weren't were acquird via trade from people who were drafted by the ducks.

Lindholm at 6 off the board.
Fowler at 12.
Getzlaf, Perry, Rakell, Theodore all late 1st round picks
Vatanen a 4th round pick, Manson a 6th round pick

Just seems like nearly every player they pick becomes a stud, which is why they've had such sustained long term success with zero ability to attract quality UFAs to build their team.

Their two 1sts from this season are doing incredible things in junior, Max Jones and particularly Sam Steel who's taking flight like an airplane.

Oct 18, 2011
Ducks are insanely good at drafting, almost their whole team was drafted in-house, and those who weren't were acquird via trade from people who were drafted by the ducks.

Lindholm at 6 off the board.
Fowler at 12.
Getzlaf, Perry, Rakell, Theodore all late 1st round picks
Vatanen a 4th round pick, Manson a 6th round pick

Just seems like nearly every player they pick becomes a stud, which is why they've had such sustained long term success with zero ability to attract quality UFAs to build their team.

Their two 1sts from this season are doing incredible things in junior, Max Jones and particularly Sam Steel who's taking flight like an airplane.

definitely not true, especially with forwards

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I always loved Rakell ever since he played against us at the 2013 WJC. Scared the hell out of me.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Said it for a while but skill for skill he is best, most complete player on the ducks, super creative but at the same time not high risk

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
He's no flash in the pan - great shooter and certainly could contend for 30 goals year after year.

He's a legit future if not already 1st line player and is an offensive threat that not many really foresaw when he was a prospect. Dangerous with the puck, and effective without it. Anaheim breathes a sigh of relief having seen the emergence of a forward of his caliber.

He was a very interesting case as a prospect. His junior numbers and some rather superficial scouting reports had some people annoyed with the pick after the draft, thinking he had the upside of a 3rd line player. I don't think his junior production changed a ton after, but the first time I got to see a bit more of him at the next WJC, that was not the type of player people had been describing. He had outstanding hands and great offensive vision and was a constant threat. He was lacking a little of efficiency at times, but after that, I never worried about limited upside with him.

He's a great example of not every prospect's type of game lending itself to gamebreaking junior numbers, but possibly allowing for very favourable pro hockey projections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad