Signing(s): Rick Porcello to the Mets (1 year-10 million)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Is this a bad signing? I like it. No risk from the Mets...
I think it's more on who they're not signing. They have underachieved for two straight years with a good team in place. They have the ROY and a top-3 starting pitcher in all of baseball. They need to build around that.

Porcello is a nice signing, but not going to move the meter, especially in the NL East.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I think it's more on who they're not signing. They have underachieved for two straight years with a good team in place. They have the ROY and a top-3 starting pitcher in all of baseball. They need to build around that.

Porcello is a nice signing, but not going to move the meter, especially in the NL East.

Instead of signing one good player, the Mets will sign multiple mediocre, pointless players for nearly the same money.

Here it is again.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I like this better than the rumours from a few weeks ago that had Lugo potentially going to the rotation. Now add a pen arm or two.

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
I like this better than the rumours from a few weeks ago that had Lugo potentially going to the rotation. Now add a pen arm or two.

Same here. Lugo going in to the rotation was a horrible idea.

I'm happy with this signing, more so just because I know the Wilpons wouldn't dish out any more money for someone better. But for 1yr/$10M, I think it's worth seeing if he can rebound to the level he was at a few years ago. At 31, he's certainly young enough to make it happen.

Reactions: Belieber

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
If Wacha gets 9, that means he met all the incentives so it likely makes it a good deal for the Mets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad