Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
One of the nice things about Nash's play is that he opens it up to new possibilities. This freelancing he does is like a godsend for this Rangers fan.
I think others will get into the spirit.

Yes, tonight's game revealed the warts, but at least it also revealed the strengths. And damn, if you have Nash, Richards and Gaborik on a line, you might as well hang it up if there is no excitement and surprises and "oh my gawd" moments.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
best forward i have seen on the rangers in a long time. lets hope he keeps it up for 6 more years. so far PPG on a real team

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
This guy is way better than I had ever imagined. I mean we all saw the highlights but I didn't think he pulls Duke's and moves like that every friggin' game!

16 To Stanley*

Gaborik's still better imo. Richards too.

I hope this is a joke. Gaborik maybe, but Nash is way more controlling on the puck and forces ten times more attention on him. Everytime he gets the puck at least 2 players on the opposing team flock to him. Richards isn't near him.

I just smile watching him. It's awesome. I know it's only been three games but haven't been this excited about one guy since Jagr. And Nash has actual skill around him. Should be a fun season once they get rolling

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I hope this is a joke. Gaborik maybe, but Nash is way more controlling on the puck and forces ten times more attention on him. Everytime he gets the puck at least 2 players on the opposing team flock to him. Richards isn't near him.

I just smile watching him. It's awesome. I know it's only been three games but haven't been this excited about one guy since Jagr. And Nash has actual skill around him. Should be a fun season once they get rolling

and he beats them :D

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
If Ovie was the same player he was 5 years ago, I would shoot someone if they asked the question I asked. Pretty much Ovie now vs Nash. They have similar skill-sets.

haha yeah I was just pullin your leg. I think a lot of players are better than Ovie is right now. But in my opinion the inner beast can unleash itself at any time and frankly I think he's going to get back to what he was a few years ago. If he's not, I'll gladly trade Hagelin for him :D

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Gabby is so 1 dimensional its not even funny. When he isn't scoring he's completely invisible.

So if a player isn't elite defensively and offensively, he's one dimensional.

Gabby is not a liability defensively and is one of the most elite goal scorers in the league. So painfully underrated.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
So if a player isn't elite defensively and offensively, he's one dimensional.

Gabby is not a liability defensively and is one of the most elite goal scorers in the league. So painfully underrated.

Once again, when he isn't scoring, he is invisible. That is his problem. He is without a doubt the softest player on the Rangers also. Elite goal scorer? Absolutely, but he doesn't bring any ounce of anything else to the table. As you've seen, if Nash isn't scoring he is still all over the places diving to block shots, hitting and even on the PK. Nash is the superior player and its not even close.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Once again, when he isn't scoring, he is invisible. That is his problem. He is without a doubt the softest player on the Rangers also. Elite goal scorer? Absolutely, but he doesn't bring any ounce of anything else to the table. As you've seen, if Nash isn't scoring he is still all over the places diving to block shots, hitting and even on the PK. Nash is the superior player and its not even close.

I'll respectfully disagree. We'll see by the end of the season.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

well i guess gabby just has to score every game

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Gabby is so 1 dimensional its not even funny. When he isn't scoring he's completely invisible.

Nash wasn't really brought here to add to our defense or rack up the assists, so i'm not sure where the difference lies besides that Nash likes to pull moves, and will throw a hit here or there.

End of they they both should be judged by production. Another argument would be performance consistency, as Gaborik's poor year with us he scored half his goals in three games.

I think we can say we're lucky to have the top 3 guys we have. Basically took a top franchise player from 3 different teams in the league (Stars, Wild, Jackets) and put them together.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Nash wasn't really brought here to add to our defense or rack up the assists, so i'm not sure where the difference lies besides that Nash likes to pull moves, and will throw a hit here or there.

End of they they both should be judged by production. Another argument would be performance consistency, as Gaborik's poor year with us he scored half his goals in three games.

I think we can say we're lucky to have the top 3 guys we have. Basically took a top franchise player from 3 different teams in the league (Stars, Wild, Jackets) and put them together.

So just because Nash wasn't brought here to do those things(that is an opinion of yours not mine), the fact that he does them doesn't count? What kind of logic is that? My point is that Nash is bringing more dimensions to the table then Gaborik. Which you basically agree to but somehow claim them null because that "isn't why he was brought here". Seems silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad