Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
I knew the guy was good, but he is GOOD. Outside of highlights ive never really followed him. What he can do with the puck is simply astounding, if gabby finished with two goals i probably woulda given Nash POTG. I have never had this much fun watching a player in years, with a good team like this and a full season I expect to see 50 in the mext few seasons. That is if Gabby gives him a chance :laugh:

Trident61494

Mar 2, 2008
SUFFOLK, LI, NY
I knew the guy was good, but he is GOOD. Outside of highlights ive never really followed him. What he can do with the puck is simply astounding, if gabby finished with two goals i probably woulda given Nash POTG. I have never had this much fun watching a player in years, with a good team like this and a full season I expect to see 50 in the mext few seasons. That is if Gabby gives him a chance :laugh:

Honestly, he should have a goal or two more than he has right now. But his presence on the ice is filthy. That move he made on the break to the net where he waited for whats-his-name to crossover and cut around him?

Nashty...

Dec 9, 2009
New York City

You're not the only one. Who watches the BJ's???

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
last year i thought he was overrated but now i know he played on a horrible team for years and still was a bigtime player. once stepan hagelin richards and kreider wake up our offense should be really good

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Definitely a stud.

Only thing i'd like to see is better passing, like on the first Gabby goal. Sometimes he forgets he has another elite goal scorer next to him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just posted this in the PGT:

Anyone going to eat some crow for the “Nash is an overrated 60 point player!!1! We don’t need him!†posts yet? The guy is one of the most talented players in the league and gives the Rangers a dimension they haven’t had in a long time.

Honestly those trade threads were so frustrating, but I am happy he has been turning some heads thus far. Huge addition, just changes the dynamics of a game.

IBleedNYRBlue

May 24, 2011
New Jersey
He's been generating tons of chances so far.

I also use to only think of him as really a pure scorer. His playmaking skills have been great so far.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He needs to finish these chances he's creating but I assume (hope) that will come. Rask was real good tonight

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
When he finally starts finishing this offense is going to be nasty. I think his skill set is a nice compliment to Gaborik and Richards.

He's an absolute bull in the offensive zone. You gotta think moving to a new, and more importantly, competitive team has give him new life.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Good to finally see someone step up and realize we need a goal and try to make it happen. He makes an amazing move and then actually shoots the puck. This guy has me like "Duby who?"

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Been on board with Nash since the original rumors started. Only wanted him for the right price, but I was saying it from day one. This guy is the real deal.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007

Anyone going to eat some crow for the “Nash is an overrated 60 point player!!1! We don’t need him!†posts yet? The guy is one of the most talented players in the league and gives the Rangers a dimension they haven’t had in a long time.

Honestly those trade threads were so frustrating, but I am happy he has been turning some heads thus far. Huge addition, just changes the dynamics of a game.

That's me. I'll gladly eat crow all day on this one. This guy is wayyyy better than I had previously thought. He is a game changer, every time he has the puck I am on the edge of my seat. I am so unbelievably impressed thus far.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Nash really put the team on his back with help from Gaborik. Their line looked good even though Richards looked gassed towards the end and was AWFUL on the faceoff dot in clutch situations. It was nice to see Gaborik leap into Nash's arms after the first goal because it shows the team has that chemistry to succeed, at least off the ice, they just need to transition it to on the ice.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
He goes to the net with the puck, and you can tell he's thinking goal the entire way. Nice to see for a change.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

I won't necessarily eat crow because I knew Nash was a great player. At the time of the rumors it was hard to swallow his contract coupled with the players we were giving up such as Anisimov and Dubinsky specifically whom were instrumental in developing this team's core/mentality leading up to last year which led to an ECF visit. But when the trade was made and I saw what the final deal was, I was ecstatic as anyone. It made sense.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Exceeds expectations.

He's put up 13 shots. In 3 games. only other player with that many?

Gabby.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
His hands and creativity with the puck is something we haven't seen here since Jagr

Such a breath of fresh air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad