Value of: Rick Nash to Winnipeg

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Would think he'd be great depth for the Jets. Don't think his cost would be too high, but I think Petan and Dano would do it if Winnipeg took on his salary and NYR didn't retain it. Also, it gives Rick Nash has his chance at the cup.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Copp-Nash
Hendricks-Lowry-Armia

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Definitely wouldn't mind Nash on the team but I think the Rangers might want a first at least as well (which I don't want to give up)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A number of other teams would want and need Nash more than the Jets, who have a lot of talent and depth on the wing.

Reactions: Hunter368

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Nash would cost more than you think.

Everyone saying Nash will only get a 2nd or whatever will be in for a shock IF he ever gets traded.

If NYR are not shopping Nash then that means he is part of their plans. This will mean that if a team wants Nash then they would have to Overpay and make an offer that NYR couldn't resist.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Two goals and an assist last night sure helps NY's cause for getting a good return for him. Wonder if he'd waive to go there, though.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Nash would cost more than you think.

Everyone saying Nash will only get a 2nd or whatever will be in for a shock IF he ever gets traded.

If NYR are not shopping Nash then that means he is part of their plans. This will mean that if a team wants Nash then they would have to Overpay and make an offer that NYR couldn't resist.

Lol, that’s absurd. Nash is not “part of NYR plans” after this season.
And NYR will trade him to whatever team gives them the best offer. It doesn’t have to be am overpay- it will simply be the best offer. Sometimes it’s a good return , sometimes not. And if you set your price too high you won’t end up getting anything at all. Which for the NYR , that doesn’t bother me at all , lol .

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No interest in Nash, after all the hype early is his career he’s a bit of an underachiever tbh

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
And NYR will trade him to whatever team gives them the best offer. It doesn’t have to be am overpay- it will simply be the best offer. Sometimes it’s a good return , sometimes not. And if you set your price too high you won’t end up getting anything at all. Which for the NYR , that doesn’t bother me at all , lol .

Who said anything about after this season? NYR will be pushing for a play off run and will want Nash part of that. NYR dont need to see Nash as part of the team next season.

Lets use Keith Yandle as an example. He was an expiring UFA and NYR got some strong trade offers and could have probably got a pretty penny but they rejected the offers and wanted to go all in for a run at the cup.

NYR still see themselves in win-now mode and will unlikely trade Nash and keep him for a deep play-off push.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Nash being moved really depends on how the next month goes for the Rangers. If they are sellers, Nash goes to the highest bidder. The offer will be significantly better than the OP's offer and what many here believe.
I have watched every game he has played this year and he has been the Rangers best all around winger. Yes, he is paid to score, which hasn't happened as much as it should, but it is not for lack of chances.
The idea that the Rangers might not get anything at all is ludicrous.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'd take Nash on the Jets for a playoff run (assuming the Rangers are selling at the TD, which they likely won't be).

Unfortunately I don't think I'd offer enough unless it was the end of the TD and he was still available. Not because I don't think he's got a little something left and could help, but I just don't want the Jets to be spending much in general at the TD.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Would think he'd be great depth for the Jets. Don't think his cost would be too high, but I think Petan and Dano would do it if Winnipeg took on his salary and NYR didn't retain it. Also, it gives Rick Nash has his chance at the cup.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Copp-Nash
Hendricks-Lowry-Armia

Nash doesn't want to play in Canada...period.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He is not as bad as you make out.

He has 0.64 PPG ratio in the last 3 play-off runs.
that's fair. i just remember him being a ghost in the SC run. His career goals per game with NYR is literally cut in half in reg season vs PO's. I'd rather go after Grabner for the pk and defensive game. Not sure the cost difference between the two but Nash having a ntc probably kills a deal to wpg

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
No interest in Nash either but how is he an underachiever? His career with Columbus was quite good in the goal scoring department.

overpaid? absolutely.
IMO. Despite scoring pretty decent (at times in CBJ) Nash has always under achieved given the hype he was tagged with in Juniors. People always gave him the benefit of the doubt because "he didn't have a C to play with" ...well Marian Gaborik played in a BS offense suppressant system and had Wes Walz as his C and still eclipsed Nash's career high in points twice...and probably would've done so more had he not been so damn injury prone.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
IMO. Despite scoring pretty decent (at times in CBJ) Nash has always under achieved given the hype he was tagged with in Juniors. People always gave him the benefit of the doubt because "he didn't have a C to play with" ...well Marian Gaborik played in a BS offense suppressant system and had Wes Walz as his C and still eclipsed Nash's career high in points twice...and probably would've done so more had he not been so damn injury prone.

Really though? he didn't over achieve in the Juniors either imo. 3pts in 7 games in the WJC and averaged just over a ppg in the juniors and barely cracked 30 goals per season. if those kind of stats create hype than Sam Steel is the next Connor Mcdavid. That was a very weak draft though so I could see TSN hyping him like no tomorrow.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Really though? he didn't over achieve in the Juniors either imo. 3pts in 7 games in the WJC and averaged just over a ppg in the juniors and barely cracked 30 goals per season. if those kind of stats create hype than Sam Steel is the next Connor Mcdavid. That was a very weak draft though so I could see TSN hyping him like no tomorrow.
True. But even post draft...up until he went to the Rangers I would say this guy was over hyped and now that you say it...by TSN ...my consensus of Nash was ..he was/has been overrated.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
True. But even post draft...up until he went to the Rangers I would say this guy was over hyped and now that you say it...by TSN ...my consensus of Nash was ..he was/has been overrated.

based on money to production he is a disappointment for sure while in a rangers jersey.

I just have a hard time seeing how he is an underachiever when he put up two 40 goal seasons, five 30 goal campaigns and averaged .80 ppg while in at the time a bad Columbus franchise.

but maybe TSN pumped the hype a lot more than I remember. I personally think his early career with Columbus is pretty decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad