Coach Discussion: Rick Bowness - Jack Adams Finalist

How would you grade Rick Bowness so far at the 1/4 mark?

• A- to A+

Votes: 149 67.1%
  • B- to B+

Votes: 46 20.7%
  • C- to C+

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • D- to D+

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Pride was mentioned. Winnipeg needs a different strategy in players they attract and sign.

Draft and develop is really key for the B grade cities. Trade players for maximum return. Every year the team should consider being a seller at the trade deadline. That is the beauty of depth.

I think blasting things like pride is a copp out for lack of skill. I'm not saying that things don't need to change and that the players have learned numerous bad habits but almost every player on the roster has been a part of winning teams in the past. The question is why can't those attributes be consistiently harnessed here.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
if I play for the jets I walk in right now and ask for a trade. this player attack is for the locker room ONLY. Never but NEVER on global TV. yes Jets had a stinker of a game, evey team has one once in a while ( or if you wish " shiiiit happens " thats why its called shiiiit )
Tell it to Maurice, Lowry and now Bowness. This isn’t an isolated occurrence. They’ve lacked the soul of a consistent hard working team for a long time. Someone finally called them out.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Kopitar's career trajectory changed when he bought into Sutter's defensive preaching... we all waited for Scheif to do that and instead he now plays not to get injured - not for the team.

Remove him and you transform the team - in a very positive way.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
if I play for the jets I walk in right now and ask for a trade. this player attack is for the locker room ONLY. Never but NEVER on global TV. yes Jets had a stinker of a game, evey team has one once in a while ( or if you wish " shiiiit happens " thats why its called shiiiit )
Oh enough of this. These primadonas have been handled with kid gloves for too long. A bit of public garroting won't hurt them.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
its this kind of safe space bullshit that has let the rich prima donnas in our lock room destroy our team

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Half of those losers already have.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
@RC51 If you’re in a high pressure job, and paid 10 to 100 times more then the regular schmoe, I’d expect that person to be called out if they weren’t doing their job properly. Hell, I was once reamed out for putting a shoe box back in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Bowness isn't free of blame in this. His line combinations were real head scratches at times. He continued to overplay the guys who weren't buying in and underlay the ones who were, that sends a bad message to the guys buying in. He also broke up his hottest line in Lowery Nemo and Apples, nobody does that especially in the playoffs.

ChadBigly

May 5, 2021
They are a bunch of b1tches. This has been going on forever, there's been no accountability whatsoever. They needed to be called out like 3 years ago.

Kopitar's career trajectory changed when he bought into Sutter's defensive preaching... we all waited for Scheif to do that and instead he now plays not to get injured - not for the team.

Remove him and you transform the team - in a very positive way.
Yep. Addition by subtraction. You don't need a return for him, Chevy. The return is he's no longer here.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Jesus Murphy, they are all adults who have signed multi million dollar contracts to perform, and who have continually caved like cheap lawn chairs when faced with adversity. But hey, let’s sugar coat everything to prevent hurt feelings and maybe hand out some participation ribbons as well.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
They are a bunch of b1tches. This has been going on forever, there's been no accountability whatsoever. They needed to be called out like 3 years ago.

Yep. Addition by subtraction. You don't need a return for him, Chevy. The return is he's no longer here.

paurice is how ever much responsible for that. he seemingly allowed his favorite offspring, le chef boi and ole cement legs, to run the lockerroom, in order to appease them so in return, they would listen to him as captain and vice captain. consequently, all would seem well to chipman and chevylfrigoff since the relationship between coach and leader players seemed great

the guy permitted le chef boi and ole cement legs to not hustle, triple shift, double shift, be out for just about any and every situation, scapegoated ehlers and benched him, scapegoated byfuglien and benched him, publicly disparaged at least one player (ehlers) and more

"trust the process" he said. nine years later he said. subsequently, the guy absconded like a soothsayer, who did all that he could to prop up a village against a great evil, then got out of dodge before people noticed he pulled their pants down and picked their pockets

ChadBigly

May 5, 2021
Jesus Murphy, they are all adults who have signed multi million dollar contracts to perform, and who have continually caved like cheap lawn chairs when faced with adversity. But hey, let’s sugar coat everything to prevent hurt feelings and maybe hand out some participation ribbons as well.
Don't forget - they run people out of town too. F.ck these guys.

paurice is how ever much responsible for that. he seemingly allowed his favorite offspring, le chef boi and ole cement legs, to run the lockerroom, in order to appease them so in return, they would listen to him as captain and vice captain. consequently, all would seem well to chipman and chevylfrigoff since the relationship between coach and leader players seemed great

the guy permitted le chef boi and ole cement legs to not hustle, triple shift, double shift, be out for just about any and every situation, scapegoated ehlers and benched him, scapegoated byfuglien and benched him, publicly disparaged at least one player (ehlers) and more

"trust the process" he said. nine years later he said. subsequently, the guy absconded like a soothsayer, who did all that he could to prop up a village against a great evil, then got out of dodge before people noticed he pulled their pants down and picked their pockets
Same response applies here too

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
it is going to be interesting to listen/hear chevy s response to bowness s comments...if chevy doesnt have bowness s back, what does bowness do...........remember back in feb TDL, chevy stated he felt this was a Stanley Cup contender

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
it is going to be interesting to listen/hear chevy s response to bowness s comments...if chevy doesnt have bowness s back, what does bowness do...........remember back in feb TDL, chevy stated he felt this was a Stanley Cup contender

I'll sum it up for you:

"you don't know what you don't know."

thanks, chevelfrigoff. so insightful

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Once in awhile? Which team have you been watching?

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Once in awhile? Which team have you been watching?

7jwv6h.jpg

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm not willing to give Bowness too much credit until we find out who's call it was to waive Eyssimont, who at least did something, over Khulman, who did literally zero.
This team’s issues aren’t about Khulman over Eyssimont…not even close. I agree the move made absolutely no sense and was akin to shuffling deck chairs, but it was barely a ripple on the impact chart.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This team’s issues aren’t about Khulman over Eyssimont…not even close. I agree the move made absolutely no sense and was akin to shuffling deck chairs, but it was barely a ripple on the impact chart.
Bones has his faults with depth players but it's ultimately up to the core to lead a team. Who's on the fourth line barely makes an impact over the long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad