Richards update from the Mayor

• Thread starter Captain Mittens*
  • Start date

Ron*

Sorry, but I think it's ridiculous to think the organization would risk something like that and neither would Richards. I'm thinking his injury was NOT a concussion...had it been, he would not be skating now.

I don't know, before game 2, he was on the ice and Sutter said the "lights" affected him.

I don't think lights would affect, say, a shoulder injury.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Concussions are weird. There are times when symptoms show right away and other times when they show days later. There are times when you have symptoms but don't actually have a concussion. There are different levels and there are times when a hit looks like a sure fire concussion only for nothing to happen. Then some guy gets barely bumped in the head and he shows symptoms.

The doctors obviously have a much better idea of what's going on then we do. Even if Richie wanted to play, they would protect their investment if they felt it would be a risk. This isn't years ago when they just gave you an ice pack and told you to suck it up. I gotta trust they know what they are doing.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I agree with the "you are not a doctor" crowd.

I really do love this board and love posting/reading here. Some of you guys have insight into the game that never ceases to amaze me.

However there are a lot of you that make your statements with such unquestioned certainty that you'd think you're are on the payroll. Many posters here are pretty smart but NONE of you are better informed that the coaches, doctors, trainers, and players of the teams. This constant second guessing of our staff is healthy, I guess, to a certain extent but it amazes me that so many think they know better than the professionals.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles

I really do love this board and love posting/reading here. Some of you guys have insight into the game that never ceases to amaze me.

However there are a lot of you that make your statements with such unquestioned certainty that you'd think you're are on the payroll. Many posters here are pretty smart but NONE of you are better informed that the coaches, doctors, trainers, and players of the teams. This constant second guessing of our staff is healthy, I guess, to a certain extent but it amazes me that so many think they know better than the professionals.
The paucity or outright absence of evidence available to internet discussants makes it very easy to feel certain.

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It is confirmed that he is playing tonight and will start on the fourth line. I shake my head, but hopefully he can spark the lineup.

Nobody claims that they know better, but it is very common knowledge that players often play hurt in the playoffs. Richards was experiencing symptoms as recent as two days ago, you can't blame people for being nervous sending him out there with his now vast history of concussions. Especially given the fact that the Hawks now know that one hard hit can end him, doesn't even have to be in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad