Richard Panik: the man, the myth, the legend.

1mjp

May 13, 2016
Hey what's Panik's nickname on the team? They already have a bread guy.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not surprised he's performing well. I've always felt he's never really gotten much of a chance, even when the Leafs claimed him.

Chicago is the perfect team for him. So much cap filled out with stars a guy like Panik can get on the roster and get solid top 6 minutes with great players.

I think if he continues to get this opportunity he has 20-25 goals every year in him

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
5 goals on 7 shots (71%)

Cut this production rate by 5 and you might have a reasonable goal scoring rate for him.

Basically he should only have around 1 goal right now.

He'll get 10-15 goals and 30-35 points at most.

Maybe a little bit more if he can get consistent top 6 minutes throughout the season

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Lmao, you're telling me a guy up put up 17 points in 72 games 2 years ago and 8 in 30 last year...

is gonna get close to 30 goals "for a while" im sorry what?

Martin St. Louis had 2 points in 13 games as a 23 year old and 18 points in 56 games as a 24 year old before signing with Tampa. The rest is history. Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery and an actual chance to play on top-2 lines and on the powerplay to get the numbers he has potential to get. Not saying Panik is the next St. Louis, but he could definitely become a 20-30 goal scorer, if he keeps getting the scoring line roles he has right now.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Less than 6 shots / 60 minutes over the past 3 years. Doesn't shot remotely close enough to become a perennial 30 goals scorer. Maybe 20-25 this season if he keeps luck on his side.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
He is a good player around the net, and he is gonna get a long look on a good line. He is bound to have the best season of his career so far. If that means he'll reach 40 points or 60 remains to be seen.

Keram

Jan 16, 2016
It is ridiculous start by him. He is one point shy of last season. I totally love that he is so hot right now. It is nice feeling for a brief moment have one of the best in goals and points from Slovakia once again. :yo:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Pavol Demitra was a relative late bloomer and only hit his stride when he was 23-24 and got transferred to St. Louis, and only then he became a star. Prior to that, the Ottawa Senators kept kicking him around the NHL and minor league for a few seasons, and his career at that point seemed no more remarkable and auspicious than Pánik's prior to this season.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Pavol Demitra was a relative late bloomer and only hit his stride when he was 23-24 and got transferred to St. Louis, and only then he became a star. Prior to that, the Ottawa Senators kept kicking him around the NHL and minor league for a few seasons, and his career at that point seemed no more remarkable and auspicious than Pánik's prior to this season.
For every Demitra, there's a dozen who don't turn out. After seeing Panik up close for a while, I'd be very surprised if he was anything more than a 4th liner.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
It is ridiculous start by him. He is one point shy of last season. I totally love that he is so hot right now. It is nice feeling for a brief moment have one of the best in goals and points from Slovakia once again. :yo:
Blackhawks have had good fortunes with players from Slovakia. Stan Mikita and Marian Hossa.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
9 shots 6 goals. Is he the most accurate shooter in NHL history? I can`t wait to see him in All Star game accuracy competition! :sarcasm:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
9 shots 6 goals. Is he the most accurate shooter in NHL history? I can`t wait to see him in All Star game accuracy competition! :sarcasm:

It seems like all his goals come from the area right around the blue paint. His role now is to enter the offensive zone and park himself in front of the goalie. Hard to miss your shot when it's a rebound 5 feet from the net and the goalie is out of position.

Of course, the current percentage is unsustainable, but the role will keep bringing him success as long as he stays on a scoring line and the PP. The fact that his coach trusts him to be on the ice with the team one goal down with a minute to go speak volumes. He is being counted on as a scoring threat by his team.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Hey what's Panik's nickname on the team? They already have a bread guy.

Q called him Pans when was talking to media.

For a guy who has scored 30 NHL goals in 186 games I wouldn't really classify him as a goal scorer.

playing mostly low TOI in a 4th line and no PP minutes....Goals per TOI might be better stat than goals per game if we talk about potential scorer.

Blackhawks 2015/16. G/60 - goals per 60 minutes.
Stats_Hockey_Analysis_com_NHL_Individual_Player_S.png

I am not saying yet he's goals scorer but also you can't say atm that he is not.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's not going to keep the sh% up, but with Toews rocking his standard 57% CF instead of last year's 50%, he's going to get plenty of chances to put away shots from the blue paint.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He's not going to keep the sh% up, but with Toews rocking his standard 57% CF instead of last year's 50%, he's going to get plenty of chances to put away shots from the blue paint.

I moved up my expectations of 20 goals and 20 assists ... to 25 goals and 25 assists for Panik? Is it unrealistic?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The NHL is wrought with players that had hot streaks early into their season at older ages. It is way more common for them to settle back into their old ways than sustain it. That being said, I have been wondering if Panik is going to be one of those guys to break the mold and become a consistent 20 goal threat for the Blackhawks, it's certainly possible.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I moved up my expectations of 20 goals and 20 assists ... to 25 goals and 25 assists for Panik? Is it unrealistic?

Probably.

But if his line keeps up their current possession numbers and his shooting percentage falls to just 'above average' instead of 'unholy', then it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

He just wouldn't be able to repeat it in following seasons with any reliability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad