Recalled/Assigned: Richard Panik recalled

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
I'm so happy for Pánik. I believe he'll do some damage for Bolts. He has got all the tools to become very good regular NHL player.

BTW Slovak pronounciation is Pánik = "Pahnik" ;)

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Thoughts from "The Farm"!

Great for Panik. Well deserved.
Going to make the Sabres game later this month VERY interesting. Overhearing the exchange between Mancari and Panik in the box during last game, Mancari made it perfectly clear the Sabres organization feels the hit by Panik was totally cheap and there will be further retribution. Now that Panik is in the show, makes him a target of opportunity for Kaletta and Scott. Scott couldn't catch Panik if he (Scott) had rocket boosters attached to his rear during the flow of play, but whistles and faceoffs may be an issue. As for Kaletta, he is a cheap shotting little P^*%$ right there with Matt Cooke who will not hesitate to take out Panik for the season or even end his career. The Lightning had better load for "Buffalo" for that game, as I have a feeling the Sabres are going to come out running Panik every chance they get.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Thoughts from "The Farm"!

Great for Panik. Well deserved.
Going to make the Sabres game later this month VERY interesting. Overhearing the exchange between Mancari and Panik in the box during last game, Mancari made it perfectly clear the Sabres organization feels the hit by Panik was totally cheap and there will be further retribution. Now that Panik is in the show, makes him a target of opportunity for Kaletta and Scott. Scott couldn't catch Panik if he (Scott) had rocket boosters attached to his rear during the flow of play, but whistles and faceoffs may be an issue. As for Kaletta, he is a cheap shotting little P^*%$ right there with Matt Cooke who will not hesitate to take out Panik for the season or even end his career. The Lightning had better load for "Buffalo" for that game, as I have a feeling the Sabres are going to come out running Panik every chance they get.

I don't think something like that would carry over to another league. Who on the Sabres has any personal feelings in this?

and Matt Cooke has pretty much reformed himself.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I am sick, excuse my overall tone

I saw nothing impressive from Connolly last season.
I do not understand what the big deal with him is.

Hope this Panik guy can spark something, because if we lose again, I will really start to Richard

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Sorry FP but if Cooke is reformed, I guess no one told Ottawa. I mean, I guess every player goes into the corner with his skate raised then plants it hard without any care as to where it lands. Been watching Cooke since he played here when we were Vancouver's farm team. Once a donkey, always a donkey.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Panik made some great passes last night. Too bad they didn't find the back of the net.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Boucher sucks. Killorn played 10 minutes last night, Panik only 8 minutes :facepalm:

And the Boucher hate train continues. Whose ice time are you going to cut? Eight and ten minutes is not bad for a couple of kids who've been up for two and three games.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
And the Boucher hate train continues. Whose ice time are you going to cut? Eight and ten minutes is not bad for a couple of kids who've been up for two and three games.

You give a bit more ice time to the players who are skating and competing and working.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
You give a bit more ice time to the players who are skating and competing and working.

You don't say?

Unless either Panik or Killorn can play defense or goalie, additional ice time for them wouldn't have done jack last night. That loss was strictly on the back end. First game in a long time that I've seen a semi-decent effort out of half the top six (big exception in Purcell).

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You don't say?

Unless either Panik or Killorn can play defense or goalie, additional ice time for them wouldn't have done jack last night. That loss was strictly on the back end. First game in a long time that I've seen a semi-decent effort out of half the top six (big exception in Purcell).

So why not give Killorn and Panik some more time and restrict Purcell's time? Don't care how much money you're making, if you aren't going to compete then you're not gonna play. Makes sense to me.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
So why not give Killorn and Panik some more time and restrict Purcell's time? Don't care how much money you're making, if you aren't going to compete then you're not gonna play. Makes sense to me.

I'm not going to totally disagree with you here. I had concerns last season about Purcell's inconsistency and was told it was no big deal. He could do with a bit less ice time. But you don't want to take too much, because whatever the trigger is that sparks him, when it gets pulled, he's awesome. Remember that we've seen this crap from Teddy before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad