Recalled/Assigned: Richard Panik recalled

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Wow. Very surprised. Also thought Connolly would have gotten the call before Panik.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
this shakes things up. I like Connolly and all but he has already been here, give some guys NHL games and let them bring a spark like Killhorn did.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Killorn and now Panik. This is really exciting stuff with the young guys being the call ups this year.

Wonder why they chose Panik over Connolly?

Imo I don't think they want to touch Connolly this season.

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013/02/sliding_syracuse_crunch_takes.html#incart_flyout_sports
Panik, a second-year pro, could make his NHL debut on Tuesday when Tampa Bay hosts Montreal. He will wear No. 71.

"He's been able to, on some occasions, really take over games (with the Crunch),'' said Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois. ""From a shot and size and style standpoint, Richard has all those tools. It's a matter of how quickly he can adjust to the NHL pace.''

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
For the same reason they didn't bring Connolly to training camp, he needs a full year to develop in Syracuse. Time to see what some other guys can do, there is a real possibility that the Syracuse kids can solve some problems for the Lightning. This is a hungry crew that know how to win time to start seeing exactly what you have.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Cant contain my excitement for being able to see both Killorn and Panik in Bolts jerseys tomorrow. I really think both are here to stay. Panik will score tomorrow.

Hopefully we win too. LOL

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Excited to see Panik in a Bolts sweater! I don't think bringing up Syracuse guys will hurt this team at all. Malone has been subpar this year so far, so hopefully he's able to heal and get his game in line when he returns.

Also, for my :facepalm: moment of the day...talking to a Lightning fan today, I referenced him as Doug Panik. Doug JANIK, RICHARD Panik. Whoops.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
I'm so hyped! I've been high on Panik ever since his draft year and I can't wait to see how he has evolved his game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->