Waived: Richard Panik placed on waivers | claimed by Toronto

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Panik has the talent but he's never been consistently engaged. Honestly I think he's the euro version of Connolly. Best comparison IMO.

He will have a little streak and then go invisible again and everyone will forget about him.

More points than Connolly though in less ice time with no power play time making the waiver look bad

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
More points than Connolly though in less ice time with no power play time making the waiver look bad

He's played 7 more games then Connolly though. Connolly outplayed him in the preseason plus Panik is shooting at an unsustainable rate.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The Panik that showed up in the Detroit game was the one we had been hoping to see the past two seasons, he just never brought it like that for us. Good to see him doing well I just don't think he has the consistency to ever make it as a top 6 forward.

Luigi#17

May 25, 2006
Pardubice
I think you missed the point of Panik actually being from Europe.
No, You and Yashintangibles completely missed my point. Always there has been common prejudice that Euros were soft. But Panik as a Slovakian is much more of a hitter than Canadian Connolly. So I don't take it that Panik is an euro version of Connolly as had been written before. I which way should it be?
That's why I put quotation marks near the word "euro" in my previous post.
And honestly, for me as a Czech would be kinda funny to ignore the fact that Panik has Slovakian nationality.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Connolly and Panik are only similar in that they are wildly inconsistent. The other knack is that Panik loafed around which I've seen Connolly do as well. Connolly has the higher ceiling. They both have unique skill sets. I wish we hadn't given up on Panik...still feel like he can be a great player in this league. The two players are very different...and so young still.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
No, You and Yashintangibles completely missed my point. Always there has been common prejudice that Euros were soft. But Panik as a Slovakian is much more of a hitter than Canadian Connolly. So I don't take it that Panik is an euro version of Connolly as had been written before. I which way should it be?
And honestly, for me as a Czech would be kinda funny to ignore the fact that Panik has Slovakian nationality.

You completely missed the analogy. I wasn't saying their styles of play. I was saying Panik is the euro version of Connolly. As in both have tons of tools but no tool box for consistent and effective play.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

Nah. I am probably the biggest connolly hater on here but he has more talent than Panik. If it was a choice between those two guys, the right choice was made.

Give it another month and a 5+ game losing streak for the Leafs and Panik will go back into oblivion.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Well, not here. Half of the team are European players and TB's fanbase love them.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Nah. I am probably the biggest connolly hater on here but he has more talent than Panik. If it was a choice between those two guys, the right choice was made.

Give it another month and a 5+ game losing streak for the Leafs and Panik will go back into oblivion.

Panik has actually been one of our better players over our recent skid which included a 5+ game losing streak. Getting a lot more minutes and playing on our second line (for the past couple games) with Lupul's injury and Horachek as our coach.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Panik has actually been one of our better players over our recent skid which included a 5+ game losing streak. Getting a lot more minutes and playing on our second line (for the past couple games) with Lupul's injury and Horachek as our coach.

Panik's got all the tools. No one's ever denied that. It's nice to see him finding success elsewhere. I doubt it would ever have happened here. He just got passed by too many guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad