Ribeiro sexual assault case [mod warning in OP]

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I have tried to do that but I guess I just grew up with smarter people??

Didn't the article mention her describing ribeiro's acts not being 'as bad as her dad' s'? Once a girl has been exposed to ****** male role models, it's going to affect her judgement with every dude she meets. For all we know she may have spent her teenage years expecting all guys to act like pigs. Happens all the time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely...... IF the charges are false.

If not, he's one creepy mofo, unfortunatley he kinda "looks" the part.

Look, even if the charges are false, he is one creepy mofo. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Ribiero is a scum bag, has been a scum bag and won't change. I believe the PA should suspend him from play until this court case is settled. I was so happy we got rid of him when we did, and I'm even more happy now.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Look, even if the charges are false, he is one creepy mofo. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Ribiero is a scum bag, has been a scum bag and won't change. I believe the PA should suspend him from play until this court case is settled. I was so happy we got rid of him when we did, and I'm even more happy now.

Oh ya that would be some PA..... really have they boy's backs! :sarcasm:

You've GOT to be kidding me? :shakehead

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I wonder how much DM knew about Ribs and this situation. Cutting him was the right thing to do because people like Ribs have skeletons in the closet. There might be more then this one girl that come forward with accusations now.

With this hanging over his head, I don't see how anyone signs him this year. If this plays out in court, it will take until next year some time to go through the system. I would suspect Ribs attorneys will try and settle this quickly, if they think there is no chance of Ribs being signed this summer. Even with a settlement, what NHL team would sign him these days with all the problems the NFL has had with player conduct.

I hope the NHL takes a stand or nobody signs him under any circumstances.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oh ya that would be some PA..... really have they boy's backs! :sarcasm:

You've GOT to be kidding me? :shakehead

I know you and I disagree about Ribiero, but for me there is to much smoke here. The PA will wash their hands of Ribeiro if they think there is going to be criminal charges. Look a Slava Voynov, he was suspended after his arrest and he hasn't even been charged as of yet. I know Ribeiro has not been arrested, but life is too short to have a guy like this in a persons life.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wonder how much DM knew about Ribs and this situation. Cutting him was the right thing to do because people like Ribs have skeletons in the closet. There might be more then this one girl that come forward with accusations now.

With this hanging over his head, I don't see how anyone signs him this year. If this plays out in court, it will take until next year some time to go through the system. I would suspect Ribs attorneys will try and settle this quickly, if they think there is no chance of Ribs being signed this summer. Even with a settlement, what NHL team would sign him these days with all the problems the NFL has had with player conduct.

I hope the NHL takes a stand or nobody signs him under any circumstances.

I hope your right.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
He admitted to day drinking, partying all night, and using drugs during the season. He admitted to cheating on his wife several times. He admitted to mailing it in and just wishing the season over as a Coyote and being a no show for a team paying him millions.

If you're 22 years old and want to drink and do drugs day and night and be a horrible employee at your job as a waiter at Chilis and cheat on your stupid girlfriend, I'm not going to hate on you. God bless you young man, live it up. That's what I'd say.

If you're a highly paid professional in his 30s with a wife and children and a ton of people counting on you? That's different. You're just a scum bag piece of ****ing ****. That's the end of it.
That's outside of the context of the article, I didn't realize you were just talking about his indiscretions in general. My point was nothing in the article says he admitted to any of the allegations.

admitted that he did not doubt [the nanny's] account
I read this, so basically he's saying he was drinking and he probably did it.

He seems like he's probably a sociopath because he always is admitting to things and just doesn't care who knows it or the repercussions of his actions.

You're actually quoting the nanny's account, not Riberio's. He did not admit to anything, those are her words. I don't know if they're true or not but there's a lot of incentive for her to lie as you can bet she's looking to get paid!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Didn't the article mention her describing ribeiro's acts not being 'as bad as her dad' s'? Once a girl has been exposed to ****** male role models, it's going to affect her judgement with every dude she meets. For all we know she may have spent her teenage years expecting all guys to act like pigs. Happens all the time.
I don't remember reading that at all and a quick search for "father" or "dad" turns up nothing from that article. If you have another source you should post it.

Just because you've been a selfish ****** bag in the past, doesn't mean you're also likely to be a rapist.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't remember reading that at all and a quick search for "father" or "dad" turns up nothing from that article. If you have another source you should post it.

Just because you've been a selfish ****** bag in the past, doesn't mean you're also likely to be a rapist.

Innocent until proven guilty.

I'm done talking about Ribeiro. I'm just happy he is not on our team.:handclap:

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
If these allegations prove to be true, then GMDM made the right decision, Nashville made the wrong decision (maybe they weren't aware), no NHL team should ever resign him and he belongs in jail. If true, I further recant any criticism I ever made of the Coyotes dumping him. Being a ******* for drugs and infidelity is one thing, being a scum bag for assaulting an 18 year old while your children are in earshot is a totally different level of scum. One of the things I've always appreciated about the NHL is the character of players off the ice has traditionally been stronger than the other major sports. I hope the NHL works to eliminate this nonsense so they don't become like the NFL.

MaddyB85

Dec 2, 2014
Central Florida
You're actually quoting the nanny's account, not Riberio's. He did not admit to anything, those are her words. I don't know if they're true or not but there's a lot of incentive for her to lie as you can bet she's looking to get paid!
I was waiting for one of you men to make this kind of statement....
Why is it when a woman gets sexually assaulted (alleged in this case) men assume she was asking for it, lying, making the story up or in this case, out for money.
Until YOU have someone assault YOU, YOU have NO IDEA what it is like to have your dignity, self esteem, self worth taken from you in a most vile way.
Rape is about power, and it takes one cowardly bully to assume that kind of power over a helpless victim.
Now some of her story seems a bit shady, but she sounds to me like someone who doesn't have the education for any other line of work. Maybe she is an au pair or illegal?
I truly TRULY hope that GMDM, Coach Tipp and all the staff knew NOTHING about this in his past. For if they did and he was still hired, I will have lost all faith in this team's staff.
A druggie, cheating, lazy slob of an SOB is one thing, but rape is a whole different ball game.

Last edited:

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Well we actually don't know if she was in fact raped or not and she might have found this a perfect opportunity to make bank since Riberio obviously has his fair share of cash. We aren't saying that rape isn't a scary thing, just saying that these claims may have been made up.

Because I know that I have no way of knowing, YOU have no way of knowing, and none of us have any way of knowing. No one is defending rape. We are just playing the role of defense attorney for Riberio

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Believe me, all the money in the world doesn't take the mental anguish away from rape and/or assault. It does help pay for therapy.

Yeah;

I don't think Nashville would be able to justify keeping him, if everything turns out to be true.

This is just something that any organization (not just in sports) should ostracize someone for life for.

zz

Nov 1, 2006

My bad, it was her brother, not her dad. I read it too fast. It's item # 30 of the original petition. My comment still applies though.

Tamara knew that [nanny] had been abused by her brother for a long time when she was
little. At the New Years Eve party, Tamara told [nanny] that what Mike did was not as bad
as what [nanny]’s brother did, so she should just “get over it”.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I was waiting for one of you men to make this kind of statement....
Well then you finally got what was coming to you. :sarcasm:

Why is it when a woman gets sexually assaulted (alleged in this case) men assume she was asking for it, lying, making the story up or in this case, out for money.
The papers are littered with stories of women attempting to exploit men by claiming rape, in particular men with money. A rich professional athlete who has made questionable life style decisions in the past is the perfect mark. If he really did it then of course he should face repercussions but accusations does not make it fact. Ironically you're the one making assumptions here (and being a bit of a sexist to boot). Women are not always the victim, the prevailing mentality that they are needs to stop. Truth...truth is all that matters!

Until YOU have someone assault YOU, YOU have NO IDEA what it is like to have your dignity, self esteem, self worth taken from you in a most vile way.
Oh get over yourself, it's not like anyone here is minimizing rape. :shakehead

Now some of her story seems a bit shady, but she sounds to me like someone who doesn't have the education for any other line of work. Maybe she is an au pair or illegal?
That's why you seek out truth instead of making assumptions. We don't know if she was victimized or if she's an opportunist. Investigate, try to find the truth and then act accordingly.

A druggie, cheating, lazy slob of an SOB is one thing, but rape is a whole different ball game.
Exactly, that's why we're supposed to have due process instead of witch hunts.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
My bad, it was her brother, not her dad. I read it too fast. It's item # 30 of the original petition. My comment still applies though.
Ah ok, that explains why I couldn't find a reference. Anyway if true it certainly could indicate why her threshold for inappropriate behavior may be skewed. Also if those comments are true then it sounds like Ribeiro's wife is a real piece of work herself. Not that we should be surprised by that considering she willingly married Mike Ribeiro! haha

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Social media is the modern "pitchfork and torch" store.
There's definitely a digital lynch mob mentality that has become pervasive in today's society and we really need to put a stop to it. Moral outrage is a disgusting little habit!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad