Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Last edited by a moderator:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
All I'll say on this is that we got - and continue to get - a lot of guff for buying him out. I hope this illustrates why, as skilled as he is on the ice, we're better off without him wearing our colors.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
All I'll say on this is that we got - and continue to get - a lot of guff for buying him out. I hope this illustrates why, as skilled as he is on the ice, we're better off without him wearing our colors.

He should have been suspended without pay or the contract nulled for breach of conduct. Whether it was GMDM's mistake or the league not allowing it (I do not know what the stance of the collective bargaining agreement is on this sort of thing) it is wrong. The Coyotes lose.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Absolutely...... IF the charges are false.

If not, he's one creepy mofo, unfortunatley he kinda "looks" the part.

Yeah, I really wanted to like the guy, as he reminded me of Steve Buscemi...but if he sexually assaults nannies...

I find it odd that it's a civil suit, and his wife's named as well... if he did do it, why would she stay with him? Unless she's okay with that sort of thing...yeesh what a mess.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I dislike the guy as much as anyone else here but so far these are just allegations. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

What a guy. The stuff he actually admits to is bad enough. What he denies is just unspeakably awful.
Am I missing something, I didn't read him admitting anything? :dunno:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I dislike the guy as much as anyone else here but so far these are just allegations. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

He admitted to his wife that she might have been right. After that he denied it I think.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
These events notwithstanding, whoever signs him would be wise to keep it to a one-year contract. Keep him hungry.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

He admitted to day drinking, partying all night, and using drugs during the season. He admitted to cheating on his wife several times. He admitted to mailing it in and just wishing the season over as a Coyote and being a no show for a team paying him millions.

If you're 22 years old and want to drink and do drugs day and night and be a horrible employee at your job as a waiter at Chilis and cheat on your stupid girlfriend, I'm not going to hate on you. God bless you young man, live it up. That's what I'd say.

If you're a highly paid professional in his 30s with a wife and children and a ton of people counting on you? That's different. You're just a scum bag piece of ****ing ****. That's the end of it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just skimmed through the court report that's posted as part of the OP link. It's far more disturbing than the excerpts posted on the site. Yuck. Just yuck.

Glad he's gone.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hope that it isn't true, for a few reasons.

1- It's awful. Nobody should have that happen to them.
2- Don't want a ******* like that to have ever worn a Coyotes jersey.
3- Want DM to look stupid for buying him out, not right.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I find it odd that it's a civil suit, and his wife's named as well... if he did do it, why would she stay with him? Unless she's okay with that sort of thing...yeesh what a mess.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. She indicates that he was trouble from the beginning. I know that neither of my daughters would have stuck around for that, but everyone is different.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

No, you're not missing a thing. The plaintiff claims he admitted something to his wife, not Ribeiro himself.

And good for you on innocent until proven guilty. It's amazing to me that in what we are told is a more educated society, we have such a lynch mob mentality.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Innocent or guilty, I'm glad articles like this won't have him in the Coyotes uniform. It would just add fuel to a certain population.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder why an 18 year old girl would agree to take a trip with a guy who treated her as she claimed Ribeiro had? Way too many holes in this story. No trouble believing he did something to her but have trouble believing the whole story.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Wonder why an 18 year old girl would agree to take a trip with a guy who treated her as she claimed Ribeiro had? Way too many holes in this story. No trouble believing he did something to her but have trouble believing the whole story.

Eh, probably for the children she was watching over. Moving to a new area and don't know anybody, she would help them with the transition. That is my guess

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
he did not doubt [the nanny's] account of the events

I read this, so basically he's saying he was drinking and he probably did it.

He seems like he's probably a sociopath because he always is admitting to things and just doesn't care who knows it or the repercussions of his actions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad