Rumor: RHD Targets to play with Quinn Hughes?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I'm not exactly a huge fan of Peeke either, but he seems like a really strange player to be a "hater" of. :laugh: Like he's just a pretty unremarkable defensive-oriented #4/5D. Occasionally some folks have maybe overhyped his "potential upside". But he seems generally pretty fine for what he is. Just...pressed into minutes he's not exactly cut out for without better support.

I don't know that Peeke is the Silver Bullet some are making him out to be. But he's darn sure quite a bit better than McWard or Juulsen. I don't think that's even remotely debatable. Whether the price to acquire him makes sense...well...that depends on what the price is, and what kind of cap element is involved in making that work. But as a player, he'd be a clear and immediate upgrade. A significant one.

when i say hater i mean peeke-as-answer-to-the-canucks-problems-hater. not the player

i do think he's probably not really any better than juulsen or mcward or any other replacement level defenseman (we can have a debate here about whether juulsen or mcward are replacement level but let's not. just substitute i dunno kovacevic or cale fleury or whatever). he's definitely not worth giving up any kind of value for

that being said, if the canucks can get him in a deal where all they give up is beauvillier or garland... well i don't think either of those players have any value either so it would be hard to complain

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Can all of @VanJack Posts be put in a thread so it can be read like the blog that it is?
Sorry I thought you said blob that it is.

‘ If Kuzmenko continues to improve we will have a legit top line forward moving forward. But if he doesn’t he will merely be a top six guy. This coming year we will find out if this is a good signng or a great one. You never know, and that is the thing with making deals in a salary cap world. Rutherford and Allvin may have nailed this, but it isn’t certain yet.’

• Haha
Reactions: andora

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Bogosian has a 21 team NTC. If your claiming him you better be completely sure he’ll report and not just retire or demand a trade.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Bogosian has a 21 team NTC. If your claiming him you better be completely sure he’ll report and not just retire or demand a trade.

I'm under the impression that if he doesn't report and the team suspends him, he doesn't count against the cap? I'm also under the impression that the team can terminate his contract if he doesn't report. But ya better off avoiding it altogether.

Reactions: Vector

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'm under the impression that if he doesn't report and the team suspends him, he doesn't count against the cap? I'm also under the impression that the team can terminate his contract if he doesn't report. But ya better off avoiding it altogether.
He doesnt want to play in Canada, reason why he left Toronto and went back to Tampa

Reactions: Vector

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He doesnt want to play in Canada, reason why he left Toronto and went back to Tampa

I didn't find anything on this except for not liking the Covid restrictions. I mean he did get a 3 year contract with no trade protection to go back to Tampa.

Regardless, his career is at a crossroads. He might want to look at the best opportunity to continue his career and what Schenn did alongside Hughes should be a consideration.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
@biturbo19

Not a fan of Peeke huh? Do you think he's at the level where he could handle the minutes beside Hughes? Asking in the context of earlier talk about how Hughes doesn't need a 1st pairing type to play with. Just someone basic and steady (and hopefully physical).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad