Rumor: RHD Targets to play with Quinn Hughes?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I figured this could use its own thread, considering how significant of a hole that this has turned out to be.

Quinn Hughes absolutely needs to find somebody to play with him on the right side, Mcward unfortunately is not ready quite yet.

I do believe they will shop that first round draft pick to fix the solution, I’m looking mostly at the Columbus blue jackets, especially if we could dump some cap in the process.

It’s not ideal, but just have a feeling.

What do you think they should do, who do you guys think they should target?

——

Also to add, They are looking.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
Dante Fabbro, Andrew Peeke, and David Savard/Justin Barron are likely available. I don't think it's difficult to acquire value-wise, but the cap is the biggest problem.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Why’s everyone up so late? Is there hype around the city right now ?

6:30am trade incoming?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dante Fabbro, Andrew Peeke, and David Savard/Justin Barron are likely available. I don't think it's difficult to acquire value-wise, but the cap is the biggest problem.
Every one of these guys would likely be an upgrade and come cheap, given their contract status. But there's the rub. The Canucks are out of cap space to accommodate any of them.

Unless of course something is brewing with Mikheyev and he ends up back on LTIR.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Every one of these guys would likely be an upgrade and come cheap, given their contract status. But there's the rub. The Canucks are out of cap space to accommodate any of them.

Unless of course something is brewing with Mikheyev and he ends up back on LTIR.
Im still kind of out of the loop.

Has he had a normal practice yet? Full go, contact and all.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Im still kind of out of the loop.

Has he had a normal practice yet? Full go, contact and all.
From what I understand, he's wearing a 'no contact' jersey in practices; is being held out of the exhibition games; and is 'questionable' for the opener.

But beyond that, with the Canucks well-chronicled history of reporting out on injuries, who really knows?

But if he were to end up on LTIR, it would ease the burden of finding another right-shot d-man considerably.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad