GDT: RG: FLYERS vs. Islanders, Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 7:05 p.m. ET

CowboyDan

Jan 28, 2017
Germany
Guys, I am so excited for this. Let the hockey commence!

giphy.gif

I just hope I can find a way to watch it.

Reactions: Danko

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Can't wait to see new scoreboard,

Does anyone else wonder, why we start in Europe, then come home for 1 game and then go out western Canada for 3.

Why even send us home.

Better than last few years when we go and play every teams home opener and then have ours 2 weeks in. I’m happy the season starts almost 2 weeks earlier for us.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
****ing amen. It's taking all sorts of effort to feign interest this year. I feel like this could be a brutal year.
Man, I completely disagree with you on this one. I have a lot of interest in this season -- interest I wouldn't have if they hadn't signed Hayes and acquired Niskanen.

They've added a proven 2C and first pairing defenseman to a team that has one of the brightest young goalies in the league; Patrick in his third season; Sanheim at 23; Phil Myers at 22; TK and Provorov in their 4th seasons; one of the winningest coaches in NHL history; a few very promising rookies who could make the team; Giroux, Voracek, and Couturier in their primes (or at least still close to it).... This team could explode in a very good way.

Skizwald

Feb 1, 2016
Philadelphia
Man, I completely disagree with you on this one. I have a lot of interest in this season -- interest I wouldn't have if they hadn't signed Hayes and acquired Niskanen.

They've added a proven 2C and first pairing defenseman to a team that has one of the brightest young goalies in the league; Patrick in his third season; Sanheim at 23; Phil Myers at 22; TK and Provorov in their 4th seasons; one of the winningest coaches in NHL history; a few very promising rookies who could make the team; Giroux, Voracek, and Couturier in their primes (or at least still close to it).... This team could explode in a very good way.

I'm absolutely stoked for the season. We need more optimism like this. I do understand everyone's negativity from years of being the most mediocre team in the league, but it's a new team with lots of new faces.

Can't we at least be happy we have a coaching staff with experience, that isnt college, junior, or playing 4th line.
That alone should give us a few points in the standings.

Vigneault> Hakstol
Niskanen> Gudas
Braun> Farmer
Hayes> Nothing

That looks like a reason to e hyped to me.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Bill Meltzer has posted the lines.

HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Flyers Gameday: Rookies Game vs NYI Rookies (PPL Center)

FLYERS

76 Isaac Ratcliffe - 48 Morgan Frost - 49 Joel Farabee
78 Matthew Strome - 50 German Rubtsov - 75 Pascal Laberge
81 Carsen Twarynski - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 72 David Kase
64 Maxim Sushko - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 74 Egor Serdyuk
(89 Mika Cyr - 70 Gerry Fitzgerald - 77 Maxim Golod)

54 Egor Zamula - 5 Phil Myers
63 Mason Millman - 80 Robert Michel
89 Wyatte Wylie - 71 David Drake
(85 Josh Couturier - 84 Sean Comrie)

32 Felix Sandström / 67 Kirill Ustimenko

Will not dress: 59 Mark Friedman, 83 Ben McCartney, 69 Roddy Ross.​

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I'm absolutely stoked for the season. We need more optimism like this. I do understand everyone's negativity from years of being the most mediocre team in the league, but it's a new team with lots of new faces.

Can't we at least be happy we have a coaching staff with experience, that isnt college, junior, or playing 4th line.
That alone should give us a few points in the standings.

Vigneault> Hakstol
Niskanen> Gudas
Braun> Farmer
Hayes> Nothing

That looks like a reason to e hyped to me.
I'm with you. Just looking at how much better the forward lines are with Hayes anchoring line 2, and the D is with Niskanen (whom I've long said I think is one of the most underrated defensemen in hockey & I think the talk about his decline at 32 is greatly exaggerated) excites me. And then you add the young players in the lineup who have the potential to really pop -- including almost certainly better goaltending (which killed them last year) -- I can't wait.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Bill Meltzer has posted the lines.

HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Flyers Gameday: Rookies Game vs NYI Rookies (PPL Center)

FLYERS

76 Isaac Ratcliffe - 48 Morgan Frost - 49 Joel Farabee
78 Matthew Strome - 50 German Rubtsov - 75 Pascal Laberge
81 Carsen Twarynski - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 72 David Kase
64 Maxim Sushko - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 74 Egor Serdyuk
(89 Mika Cyr - 70 Gerry Fitzgerald - 77 Maxim Golod)

54 Egor Zamula - 5 Phil Myers
63 Mason Millman - 80 Robert Michel
89 Wyatte Wylie - 71 David Drake
(85 Josh Couturier - 84 Sean Comrie)

32 Felix Sandström / 67 Kirill Ustimenko

Will not dress: 59 Mark Friedman, 83 Ben McCartney, 69 Roddy Ross.​
A bit strange that Friedman is out. Is he hurt?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Too bad Stewart can't play in this rookie game.

But I guess it makes sense since this would be too big of a jump up in competition for him, after how he played last year. Don't want the guy to get overwhelmed by superior players too quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad