RFA Results

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Last year I lost Schubert to a ludicrous RFA offer sheet...I walked away giggling when I got the 2nd rounder for him. I was REALLY upset about it...but I got over it eventually. ;)

Back in the day, the Avs signed Pavel Rosa from my Kings to a RFA offer sheet, and I took the 2nd round compensation and drafted Matt Greene :)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
p.s. Thanks for the second rounder for Jurcina. The Flames won't be matching your offer sheet. Hope Mr. Jurcina works out for you!

Really? I thought for sure you would.

Thanks...I wanted to keep Pothier, but with his long term injury, and not sure he will be playing again, I had to let hiim go.

I lose deVries and Ward after this year and with only Alzner likely to join my team next year, I would either have to spend for a 30+ year old UFA, trade for a younger guy or sign an RFA.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'd do it again.

Signed,

Ludicrous

So come RFA season, Dryden's Kevin Lowe, Robb is Brian Burke...and you're...

Ludacris-ps01.jpg

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
but since Hale has been on the trade block for months and Dion's never made one approach I doubt thats the reason.

Didn't i mention about Hale during the period when we were talking about Brylin? I thought I did. In the end when my blue line had Neids, Phaneuf, Zhitnik, Sydor, Foote and Bergeron, all who were rated very well. Was there a need for Hale? Although, I did trade for half of those guys at the deadline.

I get persecuted for putting an offer in. It wasn't my fault that Hale accepted the "low ball" offer.

AND YES I'M ONE OF THOSE STUPID GM'S. SO WHAT'S NEW!!!! :rant:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
RESTRICTED FREE AGENT OFFER SHEETS
TEAM PLAYER PREV SALARY TERM COMP
Chic Cam Ward LA $3,500,000 4 Los Angeles has 7 days to match or they receive Chic 2009 1st, and TWO 2nd round picks
Car Jay McClement Det $2,000,000 1 Detroit has 7 days to match or receive a 2009 2nd rd Pick
Minn Milan Jurcina Calgary $1,950,000 3 Carolina has 7 days to match or receive a Minnesota 2009 2nd rd Pick
Car David Hale Calgary $ 660,000 1 Calgary has 7 days to match - no compensation
Car Mathieu Roy NJ $ 660,000 1 New Jersey has 7 days to match - no compensation
Car Matt Jones Atl $ 660,000 1 Atlanta has 7 days to match - no compensation
Tor Tim Connolly Phil $2,000,000 1 Philadelphia has 7 days to match or receive a 2009 2nd rd Pick
Edm Hannu Toivonen EDM $1,000,000 1 Resigned with the Oilers
Edm Travis Moen EDM $ 900,000 2 Resigned with the Oilers

Of note, Chicago petitioned to replace a 3rd round pick with a 2nd round pick as part of their compensation package for Ward (given they have multiple 2nd's, but no 3rd) and this was accepted. Los Angeles would ultimately have their choice of the two 2nd round picks they preferred (Chicago has three), but that decision would have to be made now (which will of course, offend one of Chicago, Calgary or Philadelphia).

The following restricted free agents are going to a 2nd round of bidding and listed is the best offer to date. Unlike UFA’s, all teams are free to bid on these players in a 2nd round, however, if no increase in offer is forth coming, the player will show preference to one of the teams who made an offer in round 1 (listed):

Trevor Daly, 1 year x $2 million (NY Islanders, Atlanta and Toronto)
Stephen Weiss, 1 year x $2 million (Toronto, Chicago)

Dennis Wideman, Aaron Johnson, Jannick Hansen, Alex Tanguay, Josh Gorges, Jussi Jokinen and Martin Havlat, all received offers, but they were either deemed too low, or were conditional, so the player could not sign them.

General Managers are encouraged to submit new offers to any and all of these players during the 2nd round of bidding.

Regards,

Swingstein & Sons

I'm bumping this up and bold the relevant areas. This is what I'm talking about?? Ok, we know that Chicago pulled out as Dryden have stated. But what of Toronto?? I did state in this thread that I will match the offer. Did Toronto pull out?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I'm bumping this up and bold the relevant areas. This is what I'm talking about?? Ok, we know that Chicago pulled out as Dryden have stated. But what of Toronto?? I did state in this thread that I will match the offer. Did Toronto pull out?

Dion, this doesn`t mean that Weiss had signed with either of the teams. So i don`t know how you could match an offer that was never accepted.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hasnain,

I just wanted to know what was the result of this because I can not find the result of it. The best offer on the table is by Toronto right? By the fact that Weiss is even considering the deal, he would be incline to sign the offer sheet. Now my question to you or Nick is, did Weiss sign that offer sheet by Toronto or not?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Hasnain,

I just wanted to know what was the result of this because I can not find the result of it. The best offer on the table is by Toronto right? By the fact that Weiss is even considering the deal, he would be incline to sign the offer sheet. Now my question to you or Nick is, did Weiss sign that offer sheet by Toronto or not?

The way I understand it is that the 2 teams were making offers for his services, but neither one was signed during the first round of bidding. Those two teams were simply the only two that made an offer good enough for consideration, giving them the chance to continue bidding. During the second round of bidding, neither team wanted to continue to bid - either because Weiss was asking for more money or because they had filled their roster voids through other signings and were no longer interested.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
The way I understand it is that the 2 teams were making offers for his services, but neither one was signed during the first round of bidding. Those two teams were simply the only two that made an offer good enough for consideration, giving them the chance to continue bidding. During the second round of bidding, neither team wanted to continue to bid - either because Weiss was asking for more money or because they had filled their roster voids through other signings and were no longer interested.

That is correct, I jsut spoke with Abbas and the highest he was willing to go was $2M. Unfortunatly that wasn;t enough for Mr. Weiss so he dropped out of bidding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad