Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Flyer Matches

Flyers match the contracts to the following players:

Brent Seabrook
Tim Gleason
Brian Elliot

Thought Seabrook would garner around $3.5 to $4million so I saved a little there. Elliot came in right where I thought offers would and I thought that Gleason would be in the $2.5 to $2.75 range so I'm on the high end of my estimates there although he was superb in the playoffs and late in the season for Carolina. Hope his tough play continues into 2010. I've really liked Gleason since i saw him in Ottawa's rookie camp on his draft year when it was the Isles rooks vs the Senators rookies in Hull, Quebec. Actually got a chance to see Volchenkov and Gleason that day.(Nick seems like a long time ago!)

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Flyers match the contracts to the following players:

Brent Seabrook
Tim Gleason
Brian Elliot

Thought Seabrook would garner around $3.5 to $4million so I saved a little there. Elliot came in right where I thought offers would and I thought that Gleason would be in the $2.5 to $2.75 range so I'm on the high end of my estimates there although he was superb in the playoffs and late in the season for Carolina. Hope his tough play continues into 2010. I've really liked Gleason since i saw him in Ottawa's rookie camp on his draft year when it was the Isles rooks vs the Senators rookies in Hull, Quebec. Actually got a chance to see Volchenkov and Gleason that day.(Nick seems like a long time ago!)

Gleason was impressed in those rookie camps, I remember that as well. I expected a bit more offence, but I'm not surprised he's panned out as a top 4 guy.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gleason

Gleason was impressed in those rookie camps, I remember that as well. I expected a bit more offence, but I'm not surprised he's panned out as a top 4 guy.

I agree. I thought at the time that he had much upside that Volchenkov due to his offensive upside. Its interesting that Gleason hasn't shown the offensive side yet.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
For the record, I have no problem with Dion's RFA offers... you make bulk no-comp offers to try and catch another team sleeping, and maybe you pick up a couple of them. If not, no harm done, and the $$$s look pretty fair for the most part.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
For the record, I have no problem with Dion's RFA offers... you make bulk no-comp offers to try and catch another team sleeping, and maybe you pick up a couple of them. If not, no harm done, and the $$$s look pretty fair for the most part.

Boston matches the offer for Kalinin.

And GM Kruegs agrees with the sentiment above.

- GM Kruegs ( writing in 3rd person again )

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

Same. If I had poor professional depth and some roster space I'd consider utilizing the same approach. It's an annoyance to have your player receive an offer sheet, but the option is available to all of us. I know I acquired Kaberle through an offer sheet, but it really was just the impetus for a trade because the compensation was negotiated (ie. included a player, not just picks). Our free agency differs from the NHL free agency because of different variables, and that's cool, I like that.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site

I agree I have no problems with teams who submits mulitple RFA offers and I was one of those teams. It is within the rules of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad