Player Discussion Revisiting the Kunin/Greenway/Donato vs. Gaudette Debate

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Gaudette has the least amount of 5 on 5 points. 2nd lowest p/60.

and is the 2nd lowest to donato in primary p/60 at 5 on 5.

Really good list of comparable players. It’s essentially a pick em’.

Reactions: timw33

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Just pointing out that this thread's continued existence is evidence that OP was wrong in their initial argument, and it's weird that they keep piling on themselves about how wrong they were.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Just pointing out that this thread's continued existence is evidence that OP was wrong in their initial argument, and it's weird that they keep piling on themselves about how wrong they were.

Yeah pretty much, had to double check the initial post in this thread to maybe see what it was about:

At the TDL last season, some of our posters brought up four examples of players papered down to the AHL as being as good if not better than our own Adam Gaudette who wasn't papered down. Those players are Luke Kunin, Ryan Donato, Jordan Greenway, and Warren Foegele at the time I argued that I'd take Gaudette over those players. Now, roughly a quarter of the way through this season, let's look at each player and see where they stand.

So initially it came from an argument about whether Gaudette should have been being papered to the farm team at the end of last season? And using these players as comparable young players who did get papered, and the Minnesota trio were sent down for the AHL playoffs while Foegle did awesome in the NHL playoffs.

There's no real clear winner among these players yet and Gaudette isn't that much better that the Canucks should let him bypass some possible AHL playoff experience... which the Comets didn't make it.

Reactions: 420Canuck

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah pretty much, had to double check the initial post in this thread to maybe see what it was about:

So initially it came from an argument about whether Gaudette should have been being papered to the farm team at the end of last season? And using these players as comparable young players who did get papered, and the Minnesota trio were sent down for the AHL playoffs while Foegle did awesome in the NHL playoffs.

There's no real clear winner among these players yet and Gaudette isn't that much better that the Canucks should let him bypass some possible AHL playoff experience... which the Comets didn't make it.

OP's original argument was that Gaudette was so clearly in a different league than those other players that using them as examples of comparable players who had been papered down to the AHL while Gaudette wasn't would have been absurd. Now OP, for some weird reason, keeps bumping a thread where they compare Gaudette with those same players.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yeah I mean it never made sense not to paper him down just in case, even if you think Gaudette is better than those other guys. If the Canucks miss the playoffs at least the Comets still have that option of getting a 1C in their lineup.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm going to apologize for disrespecting Foegele and Greenway. I was underestimating their defensive abilities but looking at their Skatr charts I can see they're impact players in their own end.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gaudette Kunin Greenway Donato

In that order

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad