OT: Reviews of the 'tailgate party' down at Maple Leaf Square

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i had a great time down there for games 6 and 7.

watching game 6 down there was probably the most fun i've ever had watching a hockey game.

do they show all the regular season games there too? obviously there wouldn't be as much of a crowd and i assume there's no security or venders selling beer and pizza and stuff... but do they still show the games on the big TV with the loud speakers?

if they do, i'd probably like to go watch a bunch of regular season games there too.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
i had a great time down there for games 6 and 7.

watching game 6 down there was probably the most fun i've ever had watching a hockey game.

do they show all the regular season games there too? obviously there wouldn't be as much of a crowd and i assume there's no security or venders selling beer and pizza and stuff... but do they still show the games on the big TV with the loud speakers?

if they do, i'd probably like to go watch a bunch of regular season games there too.

They play the games on the screen but they don't have the loud speakers.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
weak sauce. thanks for the reply

i guess real sports is still the place to be if you're not actually in the ACC
I'd say there are better places than RS. It's overpriced, and especially during the weeks it's mostly suits. Not saying there wouldn't be Leafs fans, but you know.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
I'd say there are better places than RS. It's overpriced, and especially during the weeks it's mostly suits. Not saying there wouldn't be Leafs fans, but you know.

But where? Loose Moose was awesome, but it's gone now. I need a place with that "dank cellar" feel with a bunch of people who are just like me and just wanna watch a game with some beer and loud cheering.

RS is fun, but I hate having to make a reservation weeks in advance, and then still have to fight to get an actual table when we're there for the game. They overbook, no doubt about it. It's a joke there.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
But where? Loose Moose was awesome, but it's gone now. I need a place with that "dank cellar" feel with a bunch of people who are just like me and just wanna watch a game with some beer and loud cheering.

RS is fun, but I hate having to make a reservation weeks in advance, and then still have to fight to get an actual table when we're there for the game. They overbook, no doubt about it. It's a joke there.
Loose Moose is still there, no? I didn't know it was gone. I swore I walked by it the other night and saw it.

If you want to stay around the ACC/Union, there's a Hoops on Bremner, Tilted Kilt down on the Esplanade, Jack Astor's by Loose Moose etc. Those are more of the chain/corporate type places. You could find some more low key bars pretty easily too, especially if you go further away from the ACC>

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Why would the Loose Moose be gone? Is it gone? No way..I have a hard time believing that, I haven't been downtown in a few weeks due to my work schedule but it's gotta still be there. Nothing around Front and University or on Yonge or even Bay and Bremner should lose business, millions of people are walking in that area every single day.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
The Loose Moose still exists - but I heard the basement was converted in to a s****y lounge and no longer is focused on showing hockey games the way it once was.

That starred out word is s w a n k y. As in "hoity-toity", not poopy.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Yah I heard loose moose turned into a place of finer dining now.. Don't even serve chicken wings anymore ( so I heard)

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
anyone watch the home opener down there?

it looked like they had the game on there with full sound just like they did during the playoffs vs. boston.

i didn't know they were doing that. is it only for the home opener? are they doing it every leaf game? every saturday night game?

i had thought that they show the games on that screen, just not with sound... but it definately looked like they had full sound going last night. anyone got any info about this for future games?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

it looked like they had the game on there with full sound just like they did during the playoffs vs. boston.

i didn't know they were doing that. is it only for the home opener? are they doing it every leaf game? every saturday night game?

i had thought that they show the games on that screen, just not with sound... but it definately looked like they had full sound going last night. anyone got any info about this for future games?

I don't know about sound or frequency of the event but from the times they would pan out over the crowd, it seemed full. Would be cool if they did it every Saturday game or something.

Ace88*

My feeling is they would do it on saturdays or thursdays for as long as a good amount of people are there. Colder nights and most of winter id assume they wouldnt do it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

They've done it for the Opener in the past.

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
So is everyone at TML square standing up for the entire 2.5 hours? That doesnt seem fun at all, compared to sitting at in my couch at home

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So is everyone at TML square standing up for the entire 2.5 hours? That doesnt seem fun at all, compared to sitting at in my couch at home

:laugh:
that's what I thought. MLSQ is awesome and you get to be a part of it, but I am a girl who likes her creature comforts. 2.5 hrs standing in the cold isn't going to cut it for me.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
It's about the atmosphere.. being surrounded by a ton of leaf fans during the game makes it far more exciting than by yourself at home.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
bring a lawn chair for the intermission, that's what I'd do

Is this you?

sTr546k.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad