New York Islanders: Reverse Retro Jersey: Fisherman is back!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Makes sense they'd want the Nassau colors, I guess. I remember talk of naming the team the Long Island Ducks. I kind of wish they did that, actually. But then Anaheim wouldn't have a team!

Also that "Islanders" was 2nd (or 3rd?) in team name voting in 1962 when Queens was introducing a new National League baseball team. Makes sense that they stole the color scheme from that team too

Reactions: doublechili

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
At first I thought, Don't love it, don't hate it. And I guess overall, I still feel that way. However, after looking at the pictures on the teams online shop, I like it more than I did yesterday.

still wish there was a touch more teal, and for the wave to be just a tiny bit more wavy. But overall it's a fairly solid Reverse Retro effort.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
At first I thought, Don't love it, don't hate it. And I guess overall, I still feel that way. However, after looking at the pictures on the teams online shop, I like it more than I did yesterday.

still wish there was a touch more teal, and for the wave to be just a tiny bit more wavy. But overall it's a fairly solid Reverse Retro effort.
This is my feeling too, minus the teal. I still wish the Islanders would just try a lighter blue like the St. Louis 3rd jersey.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
That foghorn and Ziggy Palffy were the only good things about the Islanders in the mid-90s.
Remember the year when they got rid of the of fog horn and just kept the whistle? Don't know why they got rid of the fog horn and kept the whistle, but I love our current goal horn.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Remember the year when they got rid of the of fog horn and just kept the whistle? Don't know why they got rid of the fog horn and kept the whistle, but I love our current goal horn.
It’s the 50th anniversary and as much as it pains me to bring back anything from those dark fisherman years, isles should go all in the nights they wear the fisherman and bring back the goal horn those nights.

They should also find a way to get Eddie and Howie to call at least one period during one of those 90’s nights.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Was disappointed no one chanted 'Suck Our Fishsticks' in the closing seconds tonight.

Hope that catches on.

As an aside, I really like the jersey. I wish they added the lighthouse shoulder patches, but I think they can do that with other reverse retro jerseys in the future, maybe even as the primary logo if they wanted to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad